Fargate Redevelopment

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

So that’s the excuse this week. What’s held them up before.

Who says they have been held up?

What are the exact works they are doing and what is the normal reasonable timescale for doing those works, taking in to account eh complexities of it being a prominent city centre street (avoiding drilling in to water mains, for example)?

1 hour ago, AndrewC said:

All you cynics saying the works on Fargate aren't amounting to anything yet clearly haven't seen the new water feature they installed this morning!

Burst pipe sends water into air in Sheffield city centre (thestar.co.uk)

One way to get rid of the smack/spice rats. They'll run for the hills at the thought of getting a wesh....

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Who says they have been held up?

What are the exact works they are doing and what is the normal reasonable timescale for doing those works, taking in to account eh complexities of it being a prominent city centre street (avoiding drilling in to water mains, for example)?

Since they started it months ago , what exactly has been done? 

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

I had a peep through the hole in the glass at Burger King. It's going to have golden oak paneling and it seems they have excavated below ground and will have basement seating. Work is no where near completed yet.

You addicted to burgers? There are better options, you know.

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

All I know is what the Councils Chief Propaganda Officer (you )  tells me .

Now I'm confused. You were questioning the speed and content of the works without knowing what the programme of works is?

As for being Councils Chief Propaganda Officer, not at all, just don't feel a need to play to the gallery by spewing a stream of baseless negative comments. But you seem to enjoy that kind of thing, so crack on.

• Like 1