Fargate Redevelopment

I'm not sure if it's a hangover from times when the Council did a lot more development of all city centre buildings, services, housing etc. that some of the older generations lived through, post-war, but there really is a very weird mentality some people seem to have where they think anything and everything is done by the council?

19 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Why is it worth putting on here when there is nothing happening yet . 

To give you something to moan about as usual?

Edited by AndrewC
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AndrewC said:

I'm not sure if it's a hangover from times when the Council did a lot more development of all city centre buildings, services, housing etc. that some of the older generations lived through, post-war, but there really is a very weird mentality some people seem to have where they think anything and everything is done by the council?

To give you something to moan about as usual?

:banana:

8 hours ago, AndrewC said:

I think it's just the usual "change bad" mentality. It's kinda weird, because the same people who cynically say 'it'll never happen' about everything generally don't want anything to happen. 

• Like 2

walked past yesterday and had to laugh when I saw over the door that it was established in 1954

2 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

walked past yesterday and had to laugh when I saw over the door that it was established in 1954

It says "Flame grilling since 1954".

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

The business, not that location, @BigAl1

yes thank you I did realise that!!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

The news that we have all been waiting for, and by all I mean Irene...

https://www.thestar.co.uk/business/burger-king-sheffield-fans-disappointment-over-apology-at-new-fargate-restaurant-4434523

Opens on Monday 🍔🍟

The chabbies on the Star don’t know it’s Cole’s Corner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

The chabbies on the Star don’t know it’s Cole’s Corner.

Most of the people living in Sheffield don't know it as Coles Corner either, cos they're under 60. 

Anyhow, check this out, should get some on here agitated 🤣😚

• Like 1