Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

1 hour ago, mike1961 said:

It's very annoying as I will now have spend time appealing these fines ,but I will be invoicing SCC for my time spent trying to sort this nonsense out.

So, you’re moaning about spending time appealing, but are happy to spend your time pursuing a claim which will certainly fail?

My advice would be to not waste your time on a claim as, under the regulated appeals process, you are not entitled to recompense for time taken on appeals.

The online appeals process is pretty quick anyway.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I'm all for clean air, but is the situation really so bad now that everyone has to be so inconvenienced? It's nothing like it used to be. The whole purpose of the ring road was that it would make travel better for everyone, not worse. 

Well perhaps you should ask the environmental activists who took the government to court and forced the courts to make the government act, resulting in the imposition of CAZ’s.

Much of the inner ring road was built in the 1970’s when things were very different to how they are now. Back then, traffic levels were lower and no one was concerned about nitrogen dioxide and particulate levels. Times have changed.

No one is changing the function of the inner ring road.

Who exactly do you think is being inconvenienced? 

Cars are exempt as will be the vast majority of vans, buses and hgv’s ( as the euro 6 standard has been in place since around 2016 so all vehicles made since then will be compliant)

So, the only people “inconvenienced” are taxi owners and a relative minority of van, truck and bus owners who are being obliged to upgrade to newer vehicles ( for which there is a grant to assist with cost) 

Some of  them might divert to avoid being charged, so there’s a bit of inconvenience there but some will pay the charge.

So, saying everyone is inconvenienced is rather a gross exaggeration.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Cars are exempt as will be the vast majority of vans, buses and hgv’s ( as the euro 6 standard has been in place since around 2016 so all vehicles made since then will be compliant)

So, the only people “inconvenienced” are taxi owners and a relative minority of van, truck and bus owners who are being obliged to upgrade to newer vehicles ( for which there is a grant to assist with cost) 

Some of  them might divert to avoid being charged, so there’s a bit of inconvenience there but some will pay the charge.

All this effort implementing a clean air zone just to address a small fraction of road users?? Hardly seems worth it - or rather this is just the start, eh?!

Edited by HumbleNarrator
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

All this effort implementing a clean air zone just to address a small fraction of road users?? Hardly seems worth it - or rather this is just the start, eh?!

My bold.

Anyone with an ounce of sense knows the answer to that.👍

• Like 1

Guest busdriver1
11 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

Anyone with an ounce of sense knows the answer to that.👍

Government forcing us, not our fault, cant challenge it , more than our jobs worth etc., etc.

44 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Well perhaps you should ask the environmental activists who took the government to court and forced the courts to make the government act, resulting in the imposition of CAZ’s.

Much of the inner ring road was built in the 1970’s when things were very different to how they are now. Back then, traffic levels were lower and no one was concerned about nitrogen dioxide and particulate levels. Times have changed.

No one is changing the function of the inner ring road.

The air on the ring road except for the sheaf st tube is under the legal limit. every other station bar that one (caused primarily by the diesel trains - source SCC Clean air strategy 2017) is under 40.

so everyone getting charged is getting "inconvenienced" for driving in air deemed by the courts to legally clean . 

And if its a "taxi owners and a relative minority of van, truck and bus owners" who are the problem then wheres the evidence to say that taking all those vehicles off the road would make a difference to the air quality

ah - i forgot, lockdown did when traffic was at a bare minimum - and Sheaf St tube was still over 40.

Guest busdriver1
2 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

ah - i forgot, lockdown did when traffic was at a bare minimum - and Sheaf St tube was still over 40.

Could be the emissions from the diesel generator for the container park drifting down. 🙂 or is it the naughty exhausts from the trains refusing to stay put.

29 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

Could be the emissions from the diesel generator for the container park drifting down. 🙂 or is it the naughty exhausts from the trains refusing to stay put.

its the train station. SCC admit it in the clean air strategy. Shows that the results there will always be over 40

Guest busdriver1
6 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

its the train station. SCC admit it in the clean air strategy. Shows that the results there will always be over 40

Maybe they should inform the Train operators that they need to clean their act up. I bet an authority with a spine could do it.

22 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

Maybe they should inform the Train operators that they need to clean their act up. I bet an authority with a spine could do it.

or just said no like Leeds and Nottingham

or said no to charging like Liverpool and Manchester