Anti-Vaxxers Outside Peace Gardens

ProperBrew

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Close but just for clarity.. 

I'm an anti experimental vaxxer.

Nope. 

just a pity its not "experimental" then, weve already gone through all this but you choose to ignore the facts

59 minutes ago, ProperBrew said:

Hi,

Did anyone notice the anti-vaxxers under the old bus shelters outside the Peace Gardens today, waving crazy signs? I've not been that far up town in a while, are they a regular occurence? And what's up with them?

to answer your question, ive seen a couple of protest videos on youtube but like always sheffields not as hardcore as other places so its now and again, not all of the time

2 hours ago, ProperBrew said:

Hi,

Did anyone notice the anti-vaxxers under the old bus shelters outside the Peace Gardens today, waving crazy signs? I've not been that far up town in a while, are they a regular occurence? And what's up with them?

You see you are part of the problem. You have immediately jumped to the conclusion that all anti-vaxxers are 'crazy' without understanding any of the arguments. That's probably not your fault because their side of the argument has been suppressed and rarely makes it into the MSM. You have to take the time and trouble to investigate for yourself.  

I happen to disagree with some of what the antivaxxers y say, but not all. I have at least tried to look at the arguments for and against from both sides. I have chosen to have the vaccine because I am old and at risk, but if I was young I might have chosen differently and that's the point. It should be a personal and informed choice, but the government is trying to force it on everyone by coercion. I can understand why, but it's still wrong and sets a very worrying precedent. 

4 hours ago, ProperBrew said:

Hi,

Seems to happen most Saturdays in many towns and cities. 

Some people obviously have nothing better to do on Saturdays.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

You see you are part of the problem. You have immediately jumped to the conclusion that all anti-vaxxers are 'crazy' without understanding any of the arguments. That's probably not your fault because their side of the argument has been suppressed and rarely makes it into the MSM. You have to take the time and trouble to investigate for yourself.  

I happen to disagree with some of what the antivaxxers y say, but not all. I have at least tried to look at the arguments for and against from both sides. I have chosen to have the vaccine because I am old and at risk, but if I was young I might have chosen differently and that's the point. It should be a personal and informed choice, but the government is trying to force it on everyone by coercion. I can understand why, but it's still wrong and sets a very worrying precedent. 

Ah, the good old both sides fallacy, the tribe of cannibals wants to eat all the people in a village, the people in the village don't want to be eaten, but we should meet in the middle, and let the cannibals eat half of the people in the village, both sides have been taken into consideration here.

As for the idea that I haven't done any investigating myself, I have, the arguments put forward by the people out were all arguments from emotion, they had no basis in fact, it was all to scare passes by. There was no science involved, no studies, they were crazy. It had nothing to do with informed choice, they weren't respecting anyones choice, they were trying to stoke fear, and promote false information.

If someone chooses not to get vaccinated, but understands the science behind it, I think that's stupid, but it doesn't make them an anti-vaxxer, unless they are out ignoring the science, and telling other people to not get vaccinated. You also have anti-vaxxers who go around believe that Bill Gates has something to do with vaccinations, as well as microchips, etc, if that's not crazy, please tell me what is.

TBH they may as well bring out banners that say "Bring Back Measles, Mumps, and Rubella!" or "Marco! Polio!" or "TB or not TB"