Queues At Newly Opened Shops

21 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

😂😂

Its less of a shop, more of a social experiment.

yes I really hate going there and rarely even consider it even when I am in the market for something they sell because I know it is going to take me an age to simply find the right section and then find the cashiers

I have never understood how a store that prides itself in design managed to chose a location with excellent tram access and put the entrance to the store at the furthest possible distance from the tram stop pure brilliance

32 minutes ago, Bigal1 said:

yes I really hate going there and rarely even consider it even when I am in the market for something they sell because I know it is going to take me an age to simply find the right section and then find the cashiers

I have never understood how a store that prides itself in design managed to chose a location with excellent tram access and put the entrance to the store at the furthest possible distance from the tram stop pure brilliance

The entrance being in the car park should you give you a clue as to the demographic they're aiming for.

Hint: it's not people without a car.

3 minutes ago, max said:

The entrance being in the car park should you give you a clue as to the demographic they're aiming for.

Hint: it's not people without a car.

Actually in the planing process much was made of the the importance of encouraging use by public transport I have cut and paste  a tiny bit  of the Councils report considering the application mentioning the fact that an objective was to minimise trafic issues and encourage the use of public transport

It is perhaps unfortunate in forcing them to put the information screens in Ikea that no one appreciated that the information on the screens was a bigger fiction than the authorities were fully prepared for any pandemic

Before the building is brought into use a scheme for the provision of in-store real time public transport information display panels shall be submitted to and approved by the Local Planning Authority. The approved scheme shall be implemented before the building is brought into use and thereafter retained. Page 11

Reason; In the interests of encouraging access to the store by public transport in accordance with the policy CS51 and the National Planning Policy Framework.

If you want to discuss the design etc of Ikea theres a thread here...

Back on topic please.

Been past Waitrose a few times in recent weeks and seen them queuing all round the car park. Frankly think that so many people queuing to go into an overpriced supermarket is more baffling than queuing at McDs.

On 06/06/2020 at 12:01, Bigal1 said:

obviously you are a regular if you managed to find your way out in just over an hour

😂😂 - not a regular, just someone who knows what he wants. All the short cuts (between departments / marketplace areas) have been blocked off in Ikea, so you are forced to follow a set route in the market place (no nipping between departments to bypass areas), so I simply followed the route to the section I wanted in the market place (ignoring everything else), picked up what I wanted (30 seconds), headed straight to the tills, payed for it & left.

Most of my time was simply having to walk to the specific section trying to avoid or bypass the numpties (who have no concept of social distancing) who saunter along in groups of 2,  3 or 4 (blocking the main aisles) without a care in the world,  forcing everyone else to either wait behind them or have to try & quickly cut by them when an opportunity presents itself. 

16 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

Been past Waitrose a few times in recent weeks and seen them queuing all round the car park. Frankly think that so many people queuing to go into an overpriced supermarket is more baffling than queuing at McDs.

If you need specific ingredients for recipes etc. then Waitrose are fantastic and I'll queue if I need them. I don't think its much more expensive really and the quality is generally better than other supermarkets. You get good helpful, friendly staff and I'm prepared to pay a small premium for that. Still good value imo, but that's a different discussion. The queue at Waitrose usually goes down in 15 minutes or so. I wouldn't queue for McDonald's, but we all make our own choices.

4 hours ago, bungleboy69 said:

If you need specific ingredients for recipes etc. then Waitrose are fantastic and I'll queue if I need them. I don't think its much more expensive really and the quality is generally better than other supermarkets. You get good helpful, friendly staff and I'm prepared to pay a small premium for that. Still good value imo, but that's a different discussion. The queue at Waitrose usually goes down in 15 minutes or so. I wouldn't queue for McDonald's, but we all make our own choices.

This.

If you go in the evening, after 8, usually no queues.

Hi all

Am planning to go today. What would be the best time to go?

1 hour ago, Sonal P said:

Hi all

Am planning to go today. What would be the best time to go?

Go where? Waitrose? Ikea? McDonalds?

I have been to IKEA Sheffield today, arrived at about 5pm, queued for about half an hour to get in and then queued for about half an hour to get out, but it did seem longer. We did spend some time looking round the displays and picking up needed items but would really have been better moving through the one way system as we were there to get a billy bookcase and a trolley from the warehouse.