Winning The Lottery.

Just before Christmas I had a fairytale win on the Lottery, now, just months later I'm flat broke..

My joy turned to sorrow when my dream success on the lottery turned into a nightmare.

Winning the lottery was the worst thing that happened to me, I wish I'd never set eyes on the money, It's brought me nothing but heartache.

I couldn't believe my luck when a lottery official rang my home with the news that I'd won an incredible £312.. I couldn't even remember filling in the numbers, but immediately the celebrations and the spending- began.

I went out and "Spent" Spent" Spent" I've never had money before and I was throwing it about like confetti...

In one week alone I bought a second hand vacuum cleaner, a new thermos Flask, and had my Toaster repaired, I was spending like there was no tomorrow.

Suddenly, begging letters began to arrive, friends, relatives, total strangers were asking for cash, and like a fool I gave em it.

Meanwhile the lavish spending continued, I bought a brand new cover for the ironing board, I splashed out on a new paraffin heater for my greenhouse, and even bought some seed trays.

It was only the best for me, no expense spared, I was living like a King, thinking it would last forever.

I was going out at nights and buying drinks for my mates, and on one occasion I even paid for a Taxi home..

But then the reality kicked in, I realized that my fortune was dwindling, and I turned to gambling!

I've never gambled in my life, but one night I spotted a fruit machine in the pub, and that was it, before I knew what had happened I'd stuffed £1-60 into it, I changed a note at the bar to get more change, and by the end of the evening I must have lost £2-50.

When I awoke the next morning I was physically sick.

I've now squandered the lot, every chuffin penny, I even owe the newsagent for 2 weeks papers, I'm flat broke.

But despite it all, If I win the lottery again, I'd probably do the same again, I must admit I enjoyed it while it lasted..

My only real regret is not taking my 2 daughters on the dream holiday I'd always promised, this was the only chance I'll ever get of taking them on a once-in-a-lifetime caravan holiday to North Wales.

I'm now having to live on a meagre state pension.

If you win the lottery, be very careful with your money, spend your winnings wisely.

Do not make the same mistakes I made, Fame And Fortune has cost me everything!!!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

Just before Christmas I had a fairytale win on the Lottery, now, just months later I'm flat broke..

My joy turned to sorrow when my dream success on the lottery turned into a nightmare.

Winning the lottery was the worst thing that happened to me, I wish I'd never set eyes on the money, It's brought me nothing but heartache.

I couldn't believe my luck when a lottery official rang my home with the news that I'd won an incredible £312.. I couldn't even remember filling in the numbers, but immediately the celebrations and the spending- began.

I went out and "Spent" Spent" Spent" I've never had money before and I was throwing it about like confetti...

In one week alone I bought a second hand vacuum cleaner, a new thermos Flask, and had my Toaster repaired, I was spending like there was no tomorrow.

Suddenly, begging letters began to arrive, friends, relatives, total strangers were asking for cash, and like a fool I gave em it.

Meanwhile the lavish spending continued, I bought a brand new cover for the ironing board, I splashed out on a new paraffin heater for my greenhouse, and even bought some seed trays.

It was only the best for me, no expense spared, I was living like a King, thinking it would last forever.

I was going out at nights and buying drinks for my mates, and on one occasion I even paid for a Taxi home..

But then the reality kicked in, I realized that my fortune was dwindling, and I turned to gambling!

I've never gambled in my life, but one night I spotted a fruit machine in the pub, and that was it, before I knew what had happened I'd stuffed £1-60 into it, I changed a note at the bar to get more change, and by the end of the evening I must have lost £2-50.

I've now squandered the lot, every chuffin penny, I even owe the newsagent for 2 weeks papers, I'm flat broke.

But despite it all, If I win the lottery again, I'd probably do the same again, I must admit I enjoyed it while it lasted..

My only real regret is not taking my 2 daughters on the dream holiday I'd always promised, this was the only chance I'll ever get of taking them on a once-in-a-lifetime caravan holiday to North Wales.

If you win the lottery, be very careful with your money, spend your winnings wisely.

Do not make the same mistakes I made, Fame And Fortune has cost me everything!!!

George Best once said in a statement I bought fast cars loads of booze and spent loads on women ..the rest I wasted 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Padders said:

Oh that was funny, enjoyed reading it.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I just hope this doesn't mean that the prices in Padders Bar will be going up to cover his losses. 

Your Ok Thirsty.

We pride ourselves on our cheap beer policy.

Put the prices up and you lose valued customers.

Spoiler

PS.. Don't Play the slot machine.

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

As you know Paddders, I don't play the slot machines - I have no idea how they work!  The other 2 "spoilers" don't seem to function!

I know, don't know how they popped up.

Probably the same way my name appeared in 3D.