New Book About Robin Hood And Hallamshire!

Hi all,

Are you interested in Robin Hood, his real persona and his connection to Sheffield, South Yorkshire and the historic district of Hallamshire in particular…?

If so, then I thought you might all be interested in my new book ‘ROBIN UnHOODed and the Death of a King' - (to be published on 24th May. 520pgs, 71 illustrations) about not only the true identity of Robin Hood but also a new in-depth study of the death of WILLIAM RUFUS and how the two legends are connected (two links below for pre-orders –  Amazon and Waterstones - hardback and paperback…ebook to follow on publication)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Robin-Unhooded-Death-Peter-Staveley/dp/1035835738/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&dib_tag=se&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.R7U9XcVm0_fmDIic5c5PkA.sV7842b_4JIn2IIXhE5uOWBmwrCx9BvKRPk7AUaJg8Q&qid=1714119735&sr=8-1

I hope you enjoy it!

Best wishes to all

Peter Staveley

• Like 1

Sounds great!

I’ve read lots of Robin Hood stuff in the past — what’s the hook here? The William Rufus connection?

What else can you tell us (without giving too much away)?

What’s the belief with the connection to Sheffield? From Loxley (Locksley) or further afield?

3 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I also love Robin Hood, watched all the films about him.

Has it been proven that he did exist or was it just an English folklore story?

He certainly did exist hauxwell.

Douglas Fairbanks, Errol Flynn, Richard Greene, Sean Connery, Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe amongst others are testament to that. 😃

echo.

• Like 1

Robin thought that by switching the first letter of his men’s forenames with that of their surnames could be a good idea if they were questioned by the Sheriff’s men. However he went off the idea when Friar Tuck pointed out how it applied to his name. 🙄

• Haha 4