Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Message added by Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

19 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You still aren’t getting it.

Left or right wing is what you believe politically, not your class, education or tribal loyalties.

And you are still not getting it. The areas in England that voted overwhelmingly to leave are predominately left wing areas that also vote labour, and some of those are also the poorer areas with less well educated voters. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/24/brexit-left-right-voters-party-labour

Edited by apelike

1 minute ago, apelike said:

And you are still not getting it. The areas in England that voted overwhelmingly to leave are predominately left wing areas that also vote labour, and some of those are also the poorer areas with less well educated voters. 

You still aren’t getting it, are you?

You can have a left wing person but you can’t have a left wing area.

23 minutes ago, apelike said:

Yes, silly me.

Simple, because it has been done to death before and would not add anything new to the debate so I am not going over it again. How I voted does not matter as this is now about the consequences of brexit after the vote and not about why people voted they way they did. People on here just cant be civil and accept someone voted different to them so it just ends up with abuse as we have seen many times already.

OK so what in your view will be the positive consequences of Brexit in the short ,medium or long term?

56 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It’s looking like Bozo’s ‘great new plan’ is actually a deliberate attempt to present something to Brussels which he knows won’t be accepted, despite telling us repeatedly that he is making good progress.

As I said last week, Johnson is not just lying to Remainers, he is lying to Leave supporters as well yet bizarrely, they don’t seem to  mind! 🙄

I would like to think that he is fooling nobody.

However people have short memories and when the time comes for him to need a scapegoat,then the supposed intransigence of the EU negotiators will be at the forefront.

Not only can Boris lie through his teeth,but In addition he has no shame.

10 hours ago, RJRB said:

However people have short memories and when the time comes for him to need a scapegoat,then the supposed intransigence of the EU negotiators will be at the forefront.

Not only can Boris lie through his teeth,but In addition he has no shame.

its been repeated a myriad of times hes a liar a cheater and a backstabber but for some reason leavers are lapping it up, they now generally fully support him and the tories

i think thats his plan actually, garner more support with leavers so he will win the next GE, BUT if his plan to leave fails like you say blame the EU, that will then anger his leave support.......

Edited by melthebell

10 hours ago, RJRB said:

You could be right.

Even the completely brain dead can see that he has made zero effort to get a deal and the problem with that is that Brussels has repeatedly and very publicly asked “Where is your plan’ We can’t talk about a plan when you don’t show us one.”

If Johnson and Cummings were in anyway smart they would have spent the last two months throwing rubbish plans at the EU knowing that they would be rejected. Then come the deadline they could say “Well at least we tried. The bad EU were being very intransigent!”

Doing nothing for two months then putting a rubbish plan to Brussels at the last minute, makes it very hard to sell the ‘Look how intransigent the EU is being’ line to Leave supporters.

45 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You could be right.

Even the completely brain dead can see that he has made zero effort to get a deal and the problem with that is that Brussels has repeatedly and very publicly asked “Where is your plan’ We can’t talk about a plan when you don’t show us one.”

If Johnson and Cummings were in anyway smart they would have spent the last two months throwing rubbish plans at the EU knowing that they would be rejected. Then come the deadline they could say “Well at least we tried. The bad EU were being very intransigent!”

Doing nothing for two months then putting a rubbish plan to Brussels at the last minute, makes it very hard to sell the ‘Look how intransigent the EU is being’ line to Leave supporters.

What Tosh.

It's the MPs in Parliament who have sabotaged the negotiations by attempting to take no-deal of the table. While ever the EU believe the MPs and Supreme Court can block our country leaving the EU they have no incentive to consider any new deal whether it's a good or bad plan with the UK Government led by Boris.  At the end of the day the EU want the UK to remain in the EU and they are being helped by our dishonest MPs who don't respect the democratic 2016 EU referendum result.

Honest remain and leave voters know who to blame for the current mess and that is not Boris.