The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

The Boeing factory that just opened, along with the rest of the high value manufacturing out at the AMP, can be directly linked to EU help/funding.

As for the 2nd factory, that's definitely not nailed on. And in what universe do we think leaving the EU will help?

None of the Boeing factories bring real new jobs to Sheffield. Nearly 2/3rds of the 'jobs' are £100 apprenticeships. Virtually all of the more senior jobs are being moved to Sheffield from other Boeing factories around the UK and US.

Let's put this into perspective. Boeing employs 2400 people in the UK. This is hardly a massive vote of confidence, especially when the SCR subsidised the investment to a tune of nearly £6m.

None of the Boeing factories bring real new jobs to Sheffield. Nearly 2/3rds of the 'jobs' are £100 apprenticeships. Virtually all of the more senior jobs are being moved to Sheffield from other Boeing factories around the UK and US.

Let's put this into perspective. Boeing employs 2400 people in the UK. This is hardly a massive vote of confidence, especially when the SCR subsidised the investment to a tune of nearly £6m.

I’ll have you know that this constitutes bona fide ‘employment’ in Brexitland, levels of which your continental neighbours can only dream of, you unbeliever, you! :D

I’ll have you know that this constitutes bona fide ‘employment’ in Brexitland, levels of which your continental neighbours can only dream of, you unbeliever, you! :D

Meanwhile, the law firm I work at has just been told by a major international company that it is shelving its multi-hundred million investment project in South Yorkshire that had been on the cards (and likely to generate several hundred jobs) because of . . well you guessed it . . .uncertainty over Brexit and access to European markets.