The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Will Boris step forward and make a bid for the leadership so that he can deliver the Brexit of his dreams?

A rhetorical question.

Not a chance because he is full of bluster and knows he can garner some popularity without having to deliver the undeliverable.

Theresa May,by her own choice has been lumbered with the job so let her get on with it with the least damage to our future.

No idea where you get your information from but might explain why you are wrong all the time.

The information is from a European Parliament briefing paper titled "The Impact And Concequences Of Brexit for Northern Ireland."

Have you read the amendment?

Which one, the one you wrongly quoted in the Twit post or the actual revised one? :hihi:

Basically the act states that it does not authorise regulations under the act but.. IIRC The UK still has supreme control of immigration and borders in NI despite that or the GFA and can if it wants send troops in anytime and create a border.

It essentially says that the border can not be less free than it is now. You tell me how that can happen if we have a hard border?

Because many bits of the GFA will become obsolete as of Brexit day most importantly the EU funding of the GFA which is around 1.5 billion Euros. Many aspects of the GFA will need to be revised/amended. A great deal of it was agreed when the UK was part of the EU and was a joint enterprise between the EU states and the EU. What happens when the money runs out in either 2019 or 2020 that is propping up that deal?

and End the supremacy of the ECJ

That is just not possible in anything less than a decade.

So many regulatory bodies running everything from aviation to medicine have developed organically over the last 40 years and the final arbiter for almost all of these bodies is the European Court of Justice.

Even if Brexit was a good idea, those bodies would have to be built again from the ground up which will cost tens of billions, take years and meanwhile pretty much everything to do with infrastructure, logistics and trade will grind to a halt.

The only realistic solution is that we retain associate membership of these bodies for the foreseeable, which means being subject to the ECJ but without any say in decision making which I'm sure you'll agree is the last thing anyone on either side wanted.

Giving the British people a yes/no choice on EU membership without the proviso that whatever the result, we would be looking at at least 10-15 years to do it cleanly, has got to be the stupidest political move since the Second World War.

I've never said the UK should be like Norway or the EEA. The UK should be a free trading nation who trades with other nations through mutual agreements that is fair to both sides.

I didn't say that you said that. My post was to highlight your comment on what constituted fulfilling the referendum result.

Will Boris step forward and make a bid for the leadership so that he can deliver the Brexit of his dreams?

A rhetorical question.

Not a chance because he is full of bluster and knows he can garner some popularity without having to deliver the undeliverable.

Theresa May,by her own choice has been lumbered with the job so let her get on with it with the least damage to our future.

Boris' time will come - October I reckon, after the EU seek further weakening of Chequers and if May looks like giving in to them.

I've never said the UK should be like Norway or the EEA. The UK should be a free trading nation who trades with other nations through mutual agreements that is fair to both sides.

What you write is true. The UK's decision to leave the EU is unprecedented and any agreement with the EU will be unprecedented in order for one to be mutually agreed. It's absolutely pointless posters writing that can't happen because of this or some thing else can't happen because of something else.

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 15:12 ----------

The U.K. leaving the CU and SM is completely incompatible with the concept of there being no hard border.

It’s that simple. Nobody is inventing that problem. It really exists

It can’t just be pretended away

EEA membership is the way to get us part this immediate problem.

The UK Government have made it clear free movement of people will end, which rules out membership of the EEA.

Boris' time will come - October I reckon, after the EU seek further weakening of Chequers and if May looks like giving in to them.

No chance, didn't you see the look of horror on his face after the referendum result, just before he scurried off.

There's no way he'll take the flak for the fallout from the Brexit deal he's proposing.

It's absolutely pointless posters writing that can't happen because of this or some thing else can't happen because of something else.

That's true.

It's much better to just pretend everything is going to be easy then deal with the train wreck once it happens! :D

No chance, didn't you see the look of horror on his face after the referendum result, just before he scurried off.

There's no way he'll take the flak for the fallout from the Brexit deal he's proposing.

I don't think it was a look of horror, more of surprise and concern for the immediate fallout (what would happen to Cameron, for example).

I don't think he'll win when May is removed, but his speech was quite measured in tone as if he didn't want to upset too many people in the party yet he was arguing for a clean Brexit as opposed to the Chequers fudge. Mark my words, he has ambitions.

If Dominic Raab can play his cards right, he'd be a quality dark horse for the job in my book.

I don't think it was a look of horror, more of surprise and concern for the immediate fallout (what would happen to Cameron, for example).

I don't think he'll win when May is removed, but his speech was quite measured in tone as if he didn't want to upset too many people in the party yet he was arguing for a clean Brexit as opposed to the Chequers fudge. Mark my words, he has ambitions.

If Dominic Raab can play his cards right, he'd be a quality dark horse for the job in my book.

Mr Raab may play his cards right and be a very decent bloke, but honestly - he has the charisma of a dead fish.

Angel1.