The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Reading some of the answers to my resent post the UK might as well stop negotiating with the EU and just leave. All the time wasted negotiating could now be turned to other matters.

We can't just leave.

Do you have any real idea of what that would mean?

Has someone who voted to remain I'm starting to realise how intransigent the EU are. During negotiations surely there is give and take but it seems it's us who are making the most with nothing in return.

The first rule of negotiating is don't negotiate ;)

but it seems it's us who are making the most with nothing in return.

That is complete and utter nonsense.

Our negotiating position is 'we want all the benefits of being in the single market without being in the single market'.

That is the negotiating position of a 5 year old*

(*apologies to all smart 5 year olds)

Reading some of the answers to my resent post the UK might as well stop negotiating with the EU and just leave. All the time wasted negotiating could now be turned to other matters.

If the PM announced that, share prices in international companies would drop even further.

Hardly, they laid out their case over 2 years ago..... and they've stuck to it.

The EU cannot compromise on the four freedoms, for entirely obvious reasons. The EU has been entirely clear on this point from day one.

Brexiters keep asking for something the EU can't give, now that's intransigence!

The EU have offered numerous deals. Canada, Canada+, EEA, Customs Union, Single Market, Norway, Norway+.... it's the UK that doesn't want them.

In life, you generally don't get to have all the benefits with non of the responsibilities in anything... that's what the UK is asking for here.

Not me. i dont want nothing from the EU, nothing what so ever.

That's a bit of a silly thing to say given that your standard of living is about 80% reliant on the UK being a member of the EU!

No dodgy fags? Really?

So you want something?

So you want something?

LOL....... :hihi:

So you want something?

"No, why wouldn't they?"

Trumps old double negative lol :D

Reading some of the answers to my resent post the UK might as well stop negotiating with the EU and just leave.

we're leaving anyway, but why should we stop negotiating?

and as far as I can see you haven't given any example of the eu being intransigent

So without anything from the EU, how do you see us maintain the good friday agreement, freedom of movement in Ireland/Northern Ireland, yet maintaining a customs border? How do we stop criminals like you buying tobacco in Ireland and smuggling it back to the UK without paying duty?