Who will be next manager of SWFC  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be next manager of SWFC

• Paulo Fonseca
    • Paul Hurst
    • Dean Smith
    • Ronald McDonald
    • Nigel Pearson

I'm a bit anti-Megson as I thought he was one dimensional but I'd take him on a short term contract to give everybody a kick up the backside and prevent sliding into L1.

I'm a lot anti-Megson, and even more anti a short term appointment.

We need an experienced and well respected manager, for the long term. There is a load of knee jerk panic going on at the moment. If you look rationally, we have a decent squad and a very good first XI when fit. We do need to turn the squad over a bit, add some pace and bite in midfield and get rid of the deadwood, but there isn't that much wrong really.

It is going to take three or four transfer windows to do the job properly though. Which is why we need a permanent appointment this week.

Lambert's the man.

I'm a lot anti-Megson, and even more anti a short term appointment.

We need an experienced and well respected manager, for the long term. There is a load of knee jerk panic going on at the moment. If you look rationally, we have a decent squad and a very good first XI when fit. We do need to turn the squad over a bit, add some pace and bite in midfield and get rid of the deadwood, but there isn't that much wrong really.

It is going to take three or four transfer windows to do the job properly though. Which is why we need a permanent appointment this week.

Lambert's the man.

I think we need to make sure we avoid relegation before we start thinking about promotion, hence a short term appointment might be the way.

LOL

so what about the rumours i keep hearing about The Owls wanting Shakhtar Donetsk boss Paulo Fonseca

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5209157/sheffield-wednesday-shakhtar-donetsk-paulo-fonseca/

any truth in the rumours? do you really think he'll leave a champions league bound team for a 15th in the championship team?

You keep hearing these rumours ? Where do you keep hearing them ? I know one or two Wednesday fans, first they’ve heard of it

You keep hearing these rumours ? Where do you keep hearing them ? I know one or two Wednesday fans, first they’ve heard of it

It was news about a week ago (if you count The Sun as news) and he dropped to favourite with Sky Bet for a short time.

Edited by top4718