Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

He has resigned apparently.

Yes, he claims he has not been 'listened to or been given a fair investigation" by the Labour Party.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-44816015

Also, he says 'I am of the opinion that the Labour Party no longer shares my commitment to the true definition of equality and compassion.'

Ironic..

Yes, he claims he has not been 'listened to or been given a fair investigation" by the Labour Party.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-44816015

Also, he says 'I am of the opinion that the Labour Party no longer shares my commitment to the true definition of equality and compassion.'

Ironic..

Wow. Irony alert?

He now has no mandate and should do the honourable thing and trigger a by-election.

Resigned from labour but not as an MP.

There lies another problem with British politics as the people of Hallam voted him in as a Labour MP. Now he has quit he is no longer a Labour MP and will be an independent which they didn't vote for. This political switching should never be allowed to happen as it is not democratic and in reality he should resign as an MP and a by-election held.

He now has no mandate and should do the honourable thing and trigger a by-election.

No, given the track record of Hallam voters, I think the last thing they should be trusted with is a by-election.

I propose we let them stew in the juices of their own making until the next General Election.

Guest makapaka
Anyway we should all lay off him because Makapaka said we should.

---------- Post added 12-07-2018 at 22:21 ----------

Has this blogger ever heard of capital letters?

Do whatever you thinks right - you don’t have to listen to me.

I don’t advocate any of those posts he made on a forum 10 years ago - they weren’t nice at all.

I don’t think there’ll be many people posting on here who can’t think of something they did or said over the last decade that wasn’t nice either..I wouldn’t want that to preclude them from standing for parliament if it wasn’t criminal.

There lies another problem with British politics as the people of Hallam voted him in as a Labour MP. Now he has quit he is no longer a Labour MP and will be an independent which they didn't vote for. This political switching should never be allowed to happen as it is not democratic and in reality he should resign as an MP and a by-election held.

Therein lies an irony of history. Winston Churchill was elected in 1900 as a Conservative, but refused to support them on a number of issues before defecting to the Liberals in 1904. His views at that time were probably much closer to today's LibDems than many might suppose.

Before and during the First World War his cabinet posts were in Liberal governments before he lost his seat in 1923. His return in 1924 was effectively as an idependent, calling himself a Constitutionalist before he rejoined the Conservatives that year.

What would we say about that in this day and age?

No, I don't see Jared in the same light, but there are times when the party can move away from personal beliefs. Stay or go? Maybe Jared can turn his life around and surprise us all.

I didn't vote for him, and probably wouldn't if he stood again, but I have a degree of sympathy for him in his current situation. How can he turn his life around if his past is so frequently thrust in his face?

Months ago I hinted that he might be suffering from a depressive illness. I don't know him, but all the coverage was classic material to fuel the mind of a potential suicide victim. Give the guy a break. And yes, I too am puzzled how he can have helped 3,000 constituents while absent, even including work done by his assistants

Everytime he speaks he seems to mention depression or anxiety, almost like it'a shield. It isn't. Before that he tried to say his disability prevented him from attenting commons. Now he's playing the 'working class' card.

He seems incapable of accepting that the reason he was investigated and that people were angry was a series of offensive remarks. For which his limited apology was less than convincing, and his constant 'victim card' playing has made worse.

Wonder how might have felt if a fellow mp had made comments about those with cerebal palsy?

Apart from this he's useless. Has he even made his maiden speach yet? I don't think so.

Sure, we've all done daft things. But not sexist/homophobic things. And if we have- we wouldn't expect to become MPs.

The man is a clown and the people of Hallam deserve better.

Resigned from labour but not as an MP.

Despicable freeloading coward

If he had one shred of decency in him, he'd resign and go back to being a nightclub bouncer where his hateful views could be aired in private again

He could even stand again in the by-election, to see if the 3000 people who received 'helpful' out of office responses from him will vote for him

All he's doing now is giving the labour movement, the disabled community and the city of Sheffield a bad name

---------- Post added 13-07-2018 at 00:22 ----------

Olivia Brabazon@liv_r_b

As an autistic person myself, I’m disgusted that #jaredomara is trying to use it to excuse his actions. It’s disrespectful to the rest of the autistic community. It genuinely hurts to think that people now might feel we are horrible people #actuallyautistc

Couldn't agree more - don't remember that many by-elections when the likes of Carswell and other anti-EU Tories were dabbling with UKIP mind.

Returning to O'Mara and this issue - if you can genuinely say you've never said something in your youth which you'd be embarrassed about these days, and which may be considered offensive, you're either a saint or a liar.

If you can reflect on things you've said in the past, do you disclose each and every instance when you go for job interviews?

The above is not my endorsement of O'Mara, more a challenge around the hypocrisy of society.