The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

At the moment we have David Davis saying that (almost) all the forecasts about Brexit are wrong.

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that the forecasts from the Beleavers are missing from the dialogue?

If the ones that are published are wrong, then why don't they correct them with their own published ones that show that the unicorns and money trees are just around the corner?

No it's not just you. It has been mentioned. Too radical a notion to grasp (apparently).

---------- Post added 09-02-2018 at 10:01 ----------

It is the bleedin obvious but lots of brexiters, including those in our government, have their heads so full of dreams of Empire 2.0 and the like that they need it pointing out to them.

John McGrane, the director general of the British Irish Chamber of Commerce, said there was still a delusional sense within some government departments in the UK that it would be “sorted out”. He claimed there was “an underlying sense of entitlement” that Britain could carry on as it was because it was so important.

“Britain has got zero out of the negotiations so far,” he said. “Does it keep getting zero or does is salvage something?"

Edited by Magilla

At the moment we have David Davis saying that (almost) all the forecasts about Brexit are wrong.

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that the forecasts from the Beleavers are missing from the dialogue?

If the ones that are published are wrong, then why don't they correct them with their own published ones that show that the unicorns and money trees are just around the corner? (Backed up by 'facts' (not £350M/week type facts, but real ones) so that no-one could contradict them).

Or maybe they don't have them...

I think that is what the last set of reports were supposed to be. But it turned out they gave the wrong answer, so then the government disowned the reports.

I think that is what the last set of reports were supposed to be. But it turned out they gave the wrong answer, so then the government disowned the reports.

something theyve always done, remember the Experts in the past? which the government didnt like the advice from? like on drugs

Youre going to look a right wally come 2019.

Hopefully, if we do actually leave the EU monster club, in 2019 I will breathe deeply of the fresh, free air and my soul will cry out:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God almighty, we are free at last!

Britain to tell the world ‘Brexit does not mean Brexit’

https://www.ft.com/content/c4a0e4c0-0cf9-11e8-839d-41ca06376bf2

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/britain-to-world-please-pretend-we-are-not-leaving-eu-1.3386401

"Britain has a message for the rest of the world after Brexit next year: please pretend we are still in the EU."

Edited by Magilla