The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Despite my political and European views I do read the Express.I like their crossword and it’s also good to know what the oppositions up to.

I wonder if their editorials and headlines may be tempered now that they are part of the Mirror group.

Hope it’s another string to our bow.

I'm not hearing any Brexit supporter moaning at Arron Banks' £12 millions spent in support of the Leave campaign, strangely enough.

No doubt Mr Banks was spending those out of the goodness of his heart & not on the basis that he can add to his many billions by some reason.

Sauce for the goose, gander, <etc> ;)

No problem with British national & businessman, Aaron Banks nailing his colours to supporting a side pre the 2016 referendum. He'd be supporting his beliefs & putting his money into what he thinks is best for the UK & let's not be naive, the best for his business intrests, which in both cases were clearly outside the EU.

Hungarian - American Soros on the other hand? Trying to reverse one of the largest democratic exercises in modern history? What do you think his angle is?

I see that George Soros is funding the 'Best for Britain' group who are intent on a 2nd referendum.

No doubt Mr Soros is doing this out of the goodness of his heart & not on the basis that he can add to his many billions by some reason?

Made a small fortune by betting against Sterling in 1992 (Black Wednesday). Lost a small fortune betting Sterling would rise when the UK would vote to remainas as a member of the EU in 2016.

and the rich wont get richer out of brexit? :huh:

and the rich wont get richer out of brexit? :huh:

You seem to have a problem with the rich people, have you considered they might have worked for it?

Plenty who sit on their backsides drawing drawing dole money for years might think about getting work and trying to join them instead of being jealous.

No problem with British national & businessman, Aaron Banks nailing his colours to supporting a side pre the 2016 referendum. He'd be supporting his beliefs & putting his money into what he thinks is best for the UK & let's not be naive, the best for his business intrests, which in both cases were clearly outside the EU.

Hungarian - American Soros on the other hand? Trying to reverse one of the largest democratic exercises in modern history? What do you think his angle is?

What about US billionaire Robert Mercer's involvement with the leave campaign? Or his Breitbart news site's funding of 'volunteers' to Farage's leave campaign that even UKIP members complained about to the electoral commission?

I don’t know what the angle of this American citizen is, just as I posed the earlier question about the angle of Hungarian-American, George Soros' angle for giving £400,000 to a group wanting to remain in the UK.

The link about Soros I provided is a day old. Your's is from October 2017. Please provide more up to date information & let us all know which way the allegations went.

Did the Electoral Commission find any fault or is it a case of providing an old link to try & sway posters opinions on the matter?

Further evidence please?

I think that you will find that George Soros has a long standing history of fighting against the far right and nationalism.Given his personal background that is not surprising.

So in this context his contribution is understandable.

I don’t know what the angle of this American citizen is, just as I posed the earlier question about the angle of Hungarian-American, George Soros' angle for giving £400,000 to a group wanting to remain in the UK.

The link about Soros I provided is a day old. Your's is from October 2017. Please provide more up to date information & let us all know which way the allegations went.

Did the Electoral Commission find any fault or is it a case of providing an old link to try & sway posters opinions on the matter?

Further evidence please?

"Banks' response to the information commissioner, who fined the campaign £50,000 for sending more than half a million unsolicited text messages, was a succinct "Whatever""

Nice man...

"Following the murder of Jo Cox, Arron Banks controversially commissioned a poll on whether her murder had affected public opinion on voting. Asked whether the wording of the poll was "tasteless", Banks said "I don't think so""

Very nice man

One of the UK businesses of which Banks is director, Rock Services Ltd, had a turnover of £19.7m paid corporation tax of £12,000. The company deducted £19.6m in "administrative expenses"

Glad he pays his tax like anyone else...

(Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arron_Banks)

---------- Post added 09-02-2018 at 19:19 ----------

Lost a small fortune betting Sterling would rise when the UK would vote to remain as as a member of the EU in 2016.

Can you provide a source for that, or is it just more random speculation from a beleaver?

"It appears his other bearish bets against the economy made up for what Soros lost on the pound. “However, because of his generally bearish outlook on world markets, Mr. Soros did profit from other investments,” the spokesman said." http://fortune.com/2016/06/27/soros-pound-brexit/

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Quotation from the FT:-

"Perhaps it was no accident that the report of Mr Soros’ donation coincided with the publication of official government forecasts predicting that every region and nation of the UK will suffer significant loss by leaving the EU. As for the democratic case for a second referendum?

Well, the right to have second thoughts is the very essence of democracy."

Edited by Litotes
to promote democracy