The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Probably because the EU are going to make it as hard as possible for the UK, I think "punish" is the word at the moment.

The EU is insisting that the UK abides by the funding commitments it has agree'd to. If they don't then the UK is an unreliable partner and that will be reflected in any trade deals.

As was said right from the get go, you can't enjoy the benefits of the club if you're not a member. It's clear that any deal will not and never could be as good as the one we already have as a full member.

That leavers claim the UK is being "punished" because the EU won't allow us to have our cake and eat it is laughable!

This is the real EU for you and you want to remain under their dictatorship?

It's not a dictatorship. You've just been had! :hihi:

So... these "uncontrolled" media sources you were on about?

Probably because the EU are going to make it as hard as possible for the UK, I think "punish" is the word at the moment. This is the real EU for you and you want to remain under their dictatorship? and the media are blaming it all on Brexit.

Succinctly put.

What sort of person would want to remain a part of a union that seeks to make an example of a member simply for wanting to leave?

What type of individual would want to stay a part of a club that seeks to inflict a financial punishment beating upon them in order to deter others from leaving?

The EU is behaving in the manner of a gangster, demanding money with menaces.

Only the naive, the cowardly and the corrupt would want to remain a part of this undemocratic monster.

Succinctly put.

Wholly incorrect.

What sort of person would want to remain a part of a union that seeks to make an example of a member simply for wanting to leave?

There is no "making an example", you can't have the benefits of a club if you're not a member, any percieved punishment is simply the realisation that you really can't have your cake and eat it.

What type of individual would want to stay a part of a club that seeks to inflict a financial punishment beating upon them in order to deter others from leaving?

All the financial punishments seen so far are a result of the leave vote, nothing to do with the EU. There is no financial punishment from the EU. The realisation that we're not going to be as well off outside of the club is setting in, easier to blame the EU than your own failings.

Expecting the UK to abide by funding commitments it's already made is somehow demanding money with menaces!

How could we be "menaced" at all if anything leavers have previously said is true?

Only the naive, the cowardly and the corrupt would want to remain a part of this undemocratic monster.

You really have lost the plot and yet you accuse the remain camp of hysteria!

Edited by Magilla

Succinctly put.

The UK started all this with their 'they need us more than we need them' and the 'cake and eat it' mantras,the EU heard this and showed they were going to stand up to the leavers and their right wing media sycophants,the UK put themselves in this position,nothing to do with the EU,the EU are going to stand up for all of us who are in it,and long may it continue to prove those quotes as being a big mistake from the leavers.Nothing stopping you from walking away and paying nothing,but you need the trade deal more than the EU,and they are showing you that you aren't getting your cake and eating it,the blame game is what the UK is good at,thankfully there will be nobody but yourselves left to blame once you are gone.

Edited by chalga

Succinctly put.

What sort of club would allow someone to sign up, accept the terms and conditions which include a break clause, and then, when that entity wants to leave, not ask them to keep to those terms and conditions they signed up to...?

Anyone who defaulted on their obligations would quite rightly have their ratings downgraded, but that would have been taken into account when they made the decisions to withdraw - wouldn't it?

And all those backing the withdrawal would be well aware of these obligations and accept them, or ill-informed of these implications by their 'leaders'.

The EU is behaving in a quite legal and sensible manner.

---------- Post added 04-11-2017 at 17:53 ----------

Probably because the EU are going to make it as hard as possible for the UK, I think "punish" is the word at the moment. This is the real EU for you and you want to remain under their dictatorship? and the media are blaming it all on Brexit.

I love the irony of your avatar symbol when it comes to accusations of nepotism and secret clubs - well done!

It’s absolutely up to Brexiters to prove that this will be a success.

Who else could it possibly be up to? Think about it!

I have and once again I will repeat.. Its not up to anyone to prove Brexit will be a success and especially not to the remainers. The whole referendum was about leaving the EU and being divorced from it, and just like a divorce no one knows the outcome until its all over. All this uncertainty is not being produced by leavers but by those who still wish to remain and most of those problems are being created by the rich. Gina Miller who brought the court case against the government (and rightly so) didnt get what she had hope for. She is now doing her hardest to throw spanners in the works to try and make things difficult in the hope that Brexit will never happen. Doing so she is actually harming the UK and helping create instability. All this instability is being caused in the main by the very same people, and for the very same reasons.

As said before, its not the majority that voted leave that are complaining they just want this over with, and the quicker the better. We are in this current mess because people are deliberately causing it instead of accepting we will leave and getting on with it.

I'm not sure I understand how the uncertainty 'peddled by remainers like Gina Miller' stopped seasonal EU workers from coming over this year?

Perhaps you can explain to the UK farmers left with rotting crops?

The uncertainty lies wholly at the feet of the government continually trying its divide-and-conquer approach with the EU27 -and left to pick up its teeth time and again- which what is stalling the negotiations.

I have and once again I will repeat.. Its not up to anyone to prove Brexit will be a success and especially not to the remainers. The whole referendum was about leaving the EU and being divorced from it, and just like a divorce no one knows the outcome until its all over. All this uncertainty is not being produced by leavers but by those who still wish to remain and most of those problems are being created by the rich. Gina Miller who brought the court case against the government (and rightly so) didnt get what she had hope for. She is now doing her hardest to throw spanners in the works to try and make things difficult in the hope that Brexit will never happen. Doing so she is actually harming the UK and helping create instability. All this instability is being caused in the main by the very same people, and for the very same reasons.

If Brexit isn't the huge success promised, you and leavers in general will be vilified for it.

No good trying to pass the buck now ;)

As said before, its not the majority that voted leave that are complaining they just want this over with, and the quicker the better. We are in this current mess because people are deliberately causing it instead of accepting we will leave and getting on with it.

Nonsense, whats delaying it is the "cake and eat it" attitude of our Brexit leaders, who's rhetoric/misinformation about the EU has left the UK very little room for manouvre and a path forward infinitely more difficult.

If you keep asking for stuff you were never going to get...... you don't get anywhere.

Edited by Magilla

I'm not sure I understand how the uncertainty 'peddled by remainers like Gina Miller' stopped seasonal EU workers from coming over this year?

Perhaps you can explain to the UK farmers left with rotting crops?

The uncertainty lies wholly at the feet of the government continually trying its divide-and-conquer approach with the EU27 -and left to pick up its teeth time and again- which what is stalling the negotiations.

I think the EU farmers will have more to worry about than rotting crops when CAP cuts bite.

I think the EU farmers will have more to worry about than rotting crops when CAP cuts bite.

They won't have rotting crops, they are able to harvest them in time.

Loss of the CAP will effect UK farmers far more, our government has only promised support until 2020.

They'll be getting a lot less post Brexit if the US has it's way:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/11/uk-and-eu-formally-inform-wto-of-post-brexit-tariff-quota-plan

So much for that quick US trade deal eh ;)