The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Doom Doom and more Doom,

but on the other foot,

"Biggest Brexit LOSERS: Shock charts show which EU states will suffer most from budget hole"

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/874647/Brexit-news-shock-EU-Parliament-report-reveals-biggest-CAP-losers

Ahh, "projected Doom and Gloom", You'll notice that article is careful to not compare the effects in the EU to those in the UK, no word on that :hihi:

You can’t blame people for not being persuaded by blatant lies.

I agree.

That's why the Leave side got the most votes in the referendum. People were not persuaded by the blatant lies of the Remain camp.

'Project Fear' was overly dramatic, hysterical and blatantly untruthful. We were told that if we voted to leave (which most of us did) there would be an 'immediate and profound shock to our economy’ - resulting in an emergency punitive budget a few days after the referendum. The ‘shock’ to the economy would also push Britain into another recession, which would be deeper and last longer than any previous recession.

That people rejected these blatant establishment lies gives me hope for the future.

I agree.

That's why the Leave side got the most votes in the referendum. People were not persuaded by the blatant lies of the Remain camp.

You mean like that £350m whopper, or the one about Turkey about to join the EU ;)

'Project Fear' was overly dramatic, hysterical and blatantly untruthful. We were told that if we voted to leave (which most of us did) there would be an 'immediate and profound shock to our economy’ - resulting in an emergency punitive budget a few days after the referendum. The ‘shock’ to the economy would also push Britain into another recession, which would be deeper and last longer than any previous recession.

Overly dramatic, yes, untruthful, no. Many of the predicted effects are well underway. How's that US trade deal going?

Debt is kicked down the road again for the next generation, not exactly something to crow about.

That people rejected these blatant establishment lies gives me hope for the future.

You're not really one to be complaining about lies now are you?

Even staunch supporters like The Express can't offer any tangible benefit for Brexit, instead relying on rhetoric and diversion.

Edited by Magilla

I agree.

Both sides lied. The problem is that most of what you regard as lies by the remain campaigns are starting to become reality.

And just a reminder that the cost of economic stability on 24 June was £150bn from the BoE. That’s about 14.5 years worth of the mythical £350m a week.

In your haste to not make a point and quote yet another Express headline (what's the count by now? 20? 50?), you missed the message of hope calling for reconciliation at the opening of my post :(

(by the way, are we in for yet another snowmaggeddon this year? :hihi:)

Nope, no more rescue coming from me, you'll be pleased to hear. Q1 2018 is the timescale, but probably sooner. But you knew that.

Just the usual commenting of the unfolding car crash, and warnings, until I get bored or the UK goes under or Brexit doesn't really happen, whichever comes first.

There is no hope in your posts only desperation:hihi::hihi:

We've been waiting for the hope to arrive but you guys don't seem to be able to say what it is :loopy:

You'll be waiting a long time, there'll be no 2nd referendum, according to government, again from,

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/867514/brexit-latest-news-second-referendum-eu-european-union-uk-economy

Keeping count L00b, not the newspaper you like to hear? get over it.

You'll be waiting a long time, there'll be no 2nd referendum, according to government, again from,

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/867514/brexit-latest-news-second-referendum-eu-european-union-uk-economy

Funny, I was talking about hope in terms of the benefits of Brexit and just how we're going to be better off, but I see you couldn't provide any ;) LOL, Just like The Express!

Edited by Magilla

So this is from a government that has u-turned countless times, and you backed it up with the Express ;)