Reporting drivers

I think you should mind your own business. I see illegal actions on the road daily but don't make a song and dance over them. I certainly wouldn't come on here boasting just because I have a dash cam :roll:

I would go along with that.

Angel1

What is the filter light for if not to allow traffic through when the tram from Malin Bridge is turning right to go up Langsett Road?

One of its functions is to STOP traffic whilst pedestrians cross to the island.

Further questions as to the purpose of the signals, I suggest you pose to the relevant authority. If you disagree with their timings then you can raise it with them

Just don't plough through red lights in the meantime. Much to ask?

---------- Post added 19-04-2017 at 22:26 ----------

Thats a bit of an over reaction there Squiggs.

"In another country this is the law"

- well, in another country this is the law

That's all

It seems to me that the taxi driver has seen traffic stop on Bradfield Road and as the tram sets off from the lights he has nipped round under cover of the tram.

i think you could hardly be more wrong, and have a more replusive attitude.

Society only works if everyone follows the rules. Which other illegal actions do you choose to ignore?

That's an interesting opinion to have - do you own the copyright to all the logo's you are selling in your signature???

Im not sure I agree with the 'reporting' culture. It seems to be more about the person doing the reporting getting some weird satisfaction from someone else getting punished. All the cyclists and motorcyclists wearing GoPro cams to upload to youtube makes me laugh, its as if they are wannabe cops.

Plus when the court summons lands on their door mat requiring them to attend court to give their evidence as a witness, they may choose to regret ever getting involved.

Edited by WarPig

That's an interesting opinion to have - do you own the copyright to all the logo's you are selling in your signature???

Hahaha! bravo!

Chansiri, what you need to understand is that for hypocrites, the rules only apply to everyone else. And they reserve the right to be sanctimonious!

Im not sure I agree with the 'reporting' culture. It seems to be more about the person doing the reporting getting some weird satisfaction from someone else getting punished. All the cyclists and motorcyclists wearing GoPro cams to upload to youtube makes me laugh, its as if they are wannabe cops.

Plus when the court summons lands on their door mat requiring them to attend court to give their evidence as a witness, they may choose to regret ever getting involved.

I was just going to mention this myself.

How sad your life needs to be, to worry about reporting what happened in that YouTube movie. If that's the worst you see and can start worrying about Sheffield got the best safest drivers of all cities I have ever lived in.

It is a little odd with so many complaining about the use of speed cameras that dash cams recording everything are welcome.

Sheffield got the best safest drivers of all cities I have ever lived in.

Tell that to the 30 Sheffield families who had to bury their loved ones in the last year alone, or the 300+ individuals who were seriously injured and hospitalised in the last 12 months.

Nationally there was an increase in both serious injuries and road deaths (6% combined increase).

All the cyclists and motorcyclists wearing GoPro cams to upload to youtube makes me laugh, its as if they are wannabe cops.

Warpig - Technology is making this cheaper and easier to do. Car drivers are also fitting dashcams and uploading footage. Collectively we all know the value of such footage in the absence of proper enforcement.

A lot of cyclists use cams because they've had past experience of almost being killed by reckless motorists, who then shout abuse at the cyclist, then drive off.

It's very common for motorists to squeeze by cyclists, putting their life at risk, or abuse cyclists for taking primary position to prevent cars attempting to squeeze by.

See this thread "Should the judge be lenient to the woman who assaulted Jeremy Vine?"

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1499027

for an example of an extremely obnoxious and abusive driver, who, had not the cyclist had a cam, would have drove off feeling smug, and, no doubt, repeated her behaviour on other cyclists in the future.

To put it bluntly, if drivers don't wish to be videoed being abusive and putting the lives of cyclists at risk, the simple solution is for them to get a grip and not be abusive or put cyclists at risk.