Reporting drivers

Unfortunately the video didn't get the plate, so I can't.

As there's no "personally identifiable" information in the video, you can see it for yourselves.

Just a blatant disregard for the law and any apologists for the driver really do need to take a look at themselves.

Looks like a lapse in concentrate me. He's clearly stopped at the red lights and then sets off thinking they've changed but he hasn't checked them.

You don't know what was on the guys mind, but looks like a genuine mistake and not a total disregard for the law.

What are you driving Cyclone, the brakes sound terrible?

Edited by verona

I contaminated the rear brake when I was lubricating the gear mechanism. It still works, so I'm hoping that use will just clean it off. Failing that, it's an audible warning for pedestrians.

A number 56 bus went straight through a red light on park square roundabout tonight as i was going home.Buses seem to do it a lot on park square roundabout.I read in the star that the bus drivers get a bonus for not braking hard measured by a device on the bus.http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/bus-firm-urged-to-scrap-driver-bonus-scheme-after-fatal-crash-in-sheffield-1-8493531

How do you innocently sit at a red traffic light before deciding to drive through it despite it still being red?

Hopefully we'd all report an assault, a burglary or so on if we saw it happening.

We wouldn't report minor traffic infringements I guess.

But deliberately running a red light, that's not that minor really.

People are unlikely to be reporting themselves, I agree.

On the other hand, I don't jump red lights, so I've got nothing to report. :roll:[/QUOte]

I was referring to mistakes in general but I don't suppose you make any human errors.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

I find it slightly ironic when cyclists criticise drivers for breaking the rules of the road.

I contaminated the rear brake when I was lubricating the gear mechanism. It still works, so I'm hoping that use will just clean it off. Failing that, it's an audible warning for pedestrians.

presuming pedal bicycle from avatar.

if rim brakes: use fine sandpaper to clean contact side of brake pad. use rubbing alcohol to clean rims (also contaminated by now). if still noisy buy new brake pad. still need to clean rims thoroughly though.

if disc brakes: been resisting these so no direct experience ... have heard others say they haven't met a disc brake that doesn't squeal at some point. currently looking at drop bar gravel bikes and doesn't look like i'll have any choice other than disc with those.

as far as thread relevancy: a society where people carry cameras around to catch others in moments of profligacy ... i'm not quite sure how i feel about that. at this moment in time it would have to be a nope for me.

ride safely cyclone and peacefully.

In some countries, homosexuality or adultery are punishable by stoning so no need to make a song and dance if you see someone being stoned to death down Fargate, presumably?

Thats a bit of an over reaction there Squiggs.

---------- Post added 19-04-2017 at 21:38 ----------

Sorry to have mentioned the possibility of the 'left' filter ... but it did liven things up ... and was a genuine question :)

Understand it wasn't a dig at you :)

I find it slightly ironic when cyclists criticise drivers for breaking the rules of the road.

I find it ironic when someone who supports criminals, drug runners, terrorists, money launderers and some of the scumiest people on this planet criticises a cyclist going through a red light.

(If you don't know Penistone is a known supporter of tobacco smuggling, it's more lucrative than importing drugs and causes untold misery.....but, if he gets his cheap fags then who cares?)

Yes, the irony of me stopping at the red lights, whilst the car drives through them. We can all see it. :roll:

---------- Post added 19-04-2017 at 22:01 ----------

presuming pedal bicycle from avatar.

if rim brakes: use fine sandpaper to clean contact side of brake pad. use rubbing alcohol to clean rims (also contaminated by now). if still noisy buy new brake pad. still need to clean rims thoroughly though.

if disc brakes: been resisting these so no direct experience ... have heard others say they haven't met a disc brake that doesn't squeal at some point. currently looking at drop bar gravel bikes and doesn't look like i'll have any choice other than disc with those.

as far as thread relevancy: a society where people carry cameras around to catch others in moments of profligacy ... i'm not quite sure how i feel about that. at this moment in time it would have to be a nope for me.

ride safely cyclone and peacefully.

I added the camera after a driver very nearly hit me by turning left whilst overtaking me on the right hand side!

Since then I've had the same happen again and showed the video to the police. And a whole bunch of random illegal maneuvers, mostly which I ignore and some I put on youtube.