Reporting drivers

Now far be it from me to defend taxi drivers, and please don't call me names, but I hope you are also concerned when cyclists go through red lights.

Cyclone is forthright and consistent in criticising those cyclists who jump red lights.

Get a life you lot! Cyclone. Why didn't you do anything at the time. Keyboard warrior. Same goes to the rest of you. Sad people

Back to school next week:clap:

Edited by Daven

Now far be it from me to defend taxi drivers, and please don't call me names, but I hope you are also concerned when cyclists go through red lights.

Yes, it's very annoying because some drivers use it as an excuse to criticise or endanger all cyclists as if they were all identical.

At least though they mainly put only themselves at risk.

---------- Post added 19-04-2017 at 10:10 ----------

Unfortunately I can't get the licence plate or the taxi number from the video, so he gets away with it this time.

Just got an automated email saying that the incident had been "logged" - if we'd started crossing a second earlier they'd probably have had a case of quadruple death by dangerous driving on their hands, but hey nobody actually got hurt so we won't even bother checking the CCTV to do anything about the offender.
I've got quite a nice little collection of them myself. 11, to be precise.

All of them about the multilane roundabout on the A57 next to the Red Lion at Todwick.

All of them relating how the driver in the leftmost lane, in the direction towards the M1, set off onto the roundabout with cutting straight onto the middle lane instead of following the curve of their own lane (and forcing me, setting off adjacent in the middle lane, to swerve right closest tot he roundabout centre, to avoid a lateral collision).

The idiot woman in the blue Mazda 6 (YR 11 xxx) this morning (08:14) will the subject of the 12th. She had the nerve to mouth off after I beeped to make her aware of her mistake. She ain't been alone in doing that.

/rant at ineffective policing and moronic Darwin Award chasers.

As there's no "personally identifiable" information in the video, you can see it for yourselves.

---------- Post added 19-04-2017 at 10:13 ----------

I've got quite a nice little collection of them myself. 11, to be precise.

All of them about the multilane roundabout on the A57 next to the Red Lion at Todwick.

All of them relating how the driver in the leftmost lane, in the direction towards the M1, set off onto the roundabout with cutting straight onto the middle lane instead of following the curve of their own lane (and forcing me, setting off adjacent in the middle lane, to swerve right closest tot he roundabout centre, to avoid a lateral collision).

The idiot woman in the blue Mazda 6 (YR 11 xxx) this morning (08:14) will the subject of the 12th. She had the nerve to mouth off after I beeped to make her aware of her mistake. She ain't been alone in doing that.

/rant at ineffective policing and moronic Darwin Award chasers.

It's a really badly designed roundabout isn't it. I assume that everyone using it will cut lanes and it's rare that they don't.

So all that and there is no VRN or taxi licence number!

I hadn't checked the video had I! Looks like I need a better quality camera to capture plates from that distance... Unfortunate.

In Canada USA it is usually allowed to make a right turn on a red light as long as you stop and look first before making that turn and there is no sign disallowing it on that junction.

No need to cry about it.

There's a rule I was not made aware of when driving in Vancouver. Had to laugh at the verbal abuse though, <removed> is comedy with a Canadian accent.

Edited by Groose
masked swearing

Yes, it's very annoying because some drivers use it as an excuse to criticise or endanger all cyclists as if they were all identical.

At least though they mainly put only themselves at risk.

---------- Post added 19-04-2017 at 10:10 ----------

Unfortunately I can't get the licence plate or the taxi number from the video, so he gets away with it this time.

Ok Cyclone. Yes a pity you couldn't get a number. It's something that nobody should do.

As there's no "personally identifiable" information in the video, you can see it for yourselves.

---------- Post added 19-04-2017 at 10:13 ----------

Can't tell from the clip but are you sure that the left filter was not on when the taxi set off?

Btw, your brakes sound a bit 'off'.

Yeah, back brake is rather squeaky, I think I got some lube on it, hoping it will clean itself off with some use.

There is no left filter there though, just regular lights, which are on red

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4023808,-1.5006989,3a,75y,267.02h,72.93t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sGlYPtAcYp_nQcEetZ28mmA!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo3.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DGlYPtAcYp_nQcEetZ28mmA%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D92.01845%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656

Edit - no, you're right, on closer inspection there is a left filter.

It definitely isn't lit in the video though, and it wasn't lit when I saw it... Otherwise we wouldn't be talking about this at all.

Edited by Cyclone

I got one almost at the same junction on my dashcam the other day, a hire van driver was on Bradfield Road in the left hand lane trying to turn left onto Langsett Road, but the traffic was queued back so he got stuck on the pedestrian crossing as the lights changed. Everyone at the crossing started to walk in front of, and behind his van and then he just drove off causing one woman to have to drag her daughter back from in front of the van.

I've got a few others saved up...been meaning to submit them to this channel...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMcke3AlyrVP56T9X9VGUOQ