Buchanan drive voted most anti social in country

Why are the powers that be not providing things for the kids to do?

Maybe organise trips to the seaside, why don't the council organise free trips to Alton Towers?

Bored people = anti social behaviour

Why do all the other residents of Sheffield have to pay for a load of kids to go to Alton Towers?

---------- Post added 31-03-2017 at 12:49 ----------

They said that maybe Gleeson would do something with it. They are the developers who are building houses near there - I'm not sure why they think Gleeson will pay to fix the park as they don't own it.

Installation of the equipment might have been a condition for the nearby development.

It's unlikely the condition was installation and maintenance though, so as you say it's unlikely Gleeson will pay because it's nothing to do with them anymore.

Why do all the other residents of Sheffield have to pay for a load of kids to go to Alton Towers?

---------- Post added 31-03-2017 at 12:49 ----------

Installation of the equipment might have been a condition for the nearby development.

It's unlikely the condition was installation and maintenance though, so as you say it's unlikely Gleeson will pay because it's nothing to do with them anymore.

There was a stipulation about green space - which Gleeson are providing on their estate. This could be just that green space - grass, trees etc or could be more. It certainly won't include fixing the park I would have thought.

In regards to paying for trips does your logic extend to parks too? As in why should residents pay for parks which are not local to them or is that OK?. Should we also just pay for what benefits us directly?

We pay council tax and of course some of that goes to park maintenance, many of these parks are no where near me yet we still pay for them. The one nearest to me is not being maintained, should I be allowed to not pay a proportion of my council tax bill because it's of no use to me?

Or should we all have to pay for things which benefit the wider community?

Maybe organise trips to the seaside, why don't the council organise free trips to Alton Towers?

FFS really? I never got that, and I didnt have the wealth on entertainment avaialbel to kids now - just look whats avaialble on the average mobile phone nowadays (Ive been itching to use that word;)).

I kicked a ball about down the park in the summer and hung around the local shops when it was cold, much to obvious delight of the shopkeepers there. We smoked, we spat, we swore - mainly at each other. I dread to think what it looked like. Occaisionally if we can a couple of quid we fed it into the arcade machines in the video shop. Fridays ws a bottle of something cheeky and packet of fags.

I happened by the shops I hung around at, alot of the old grafitti is still there and very little new stuff. No kids up to mischief either. Now the estate I lived at was always quite nice (despite us lot) but obviously its on the up (since I left - odd that ;)), or maybe, just maybe kids actually have more stuff to do and not need a coach trip to a theme park. Trips to Alton Towers, when we're cutting stuff left and right? Words fail me.

Remember in the 90s all the newspaper stories about young offenders being sent on holidays?

Minister calls for report on offender's crime holiday: Inquiry launched into chalet burglary spree by boy sent on therapy break

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/minister-calls-for-report-on-offenders-crime-holiday-inquiry-launched-into-chalet-burglary-spree-by-1375223.html

Safari Boy shambles: At 16, he was sent on three-month trip to steer him away from crime. Now 35, he's just clocked up his 113th offence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2172454/Safari-Boy-Mark-Hook-sent-month-holiday-steer-away-crime-clocks-113th-offence.html

Sorry, but I can't agree with that.

None of my friends randomly destroyed stuff as a child, put fireworks in bins or through people's letter boxes, dared to swear at adults or any other of the things that we see these days. I don't know anyone who did, and I lived on a council estate at the time (70s and 80s).

Fair enough. I did a bit of stupid damage when I was a kid, I didn't put a firework in anyone's letter box but I did put one in a bin...swearing in general has become more prevalent so I don't think the kids are any worse than the adults.

Very Angry disenfranchised people = anti social behaviour.

A lot of the things available for kids to do such as Summer play schemes have been stopped due to lack of funds.

There's no such thing as a "free trip"......

In regards to paying for trips does your logic extend to parks too? As in why should residents pay for parks which are not local to them or is that OK?. Should we also just pay for what benefits us directly?

No because that is in no way an extension of the same logic, it's a total distortion.

You are free to visit any park in Sheffield at any time you wish.

You are free to visit most any park in the country should you want to.

That is in no way similar to sending some tearaway on a jolly to Alton Towers as a reward for being a little toad, thats utterly stupid.

There's no such thing as a "free trip"......

Actually I'm old enough to remember the 70s and 80s when every year the local working men's clubs would fund a free day out at the seaside for the local kids.

They'd also get crisps, a bag of sweets, an apple and a drink, plus £1 spending money each.

They loved it. Happy days.