Christian protest at Pride - Endcliffe Park

Believing in an infallible and righteous God, then dismissing His/Her/It's commands as being ridiculous... those two things just don't work together.

But believing in a God that gives indication as opposed to direct literal command...then understanding that religious texts were written by men with their understandings at the time. That allows for evolution (am I allowed to say that?) of theology.

Not that I subscribe to religion. I'm an atheist that believes God exists - not as daft as it sounds - I mean exists as a theory/ology but with enough power to hold massive sway over the politics of the world to make God "real" in a sense. - A bit like money. Money has long since abandoned being linked to a real exchange of physical goods like gold, and even then gold was only given a theoretical value by man. Money and economics is an extremely complex science yet - it doesn't actually exist. I see God in that same light

So, back to God - this allows opposing theories around the faith. History shows that never ends well....

But believing in a God that gives indication as opposed to direct literal command...then understanding that religious texts were written by men with their understandings at the time. That allows for evolution (am I allowed to say that?) of theology.

Not that I subscribe to religion. I'm an atheist that believes God exists - not as daft as it sounds - I mean exists as a theory/ology but with enough power to hold massive sway over the politics of the world to make God "real" in a sense. - A bit like money. Money has long since abandoned being linked to a real exchange of physical goods like gold, and even then gold was only given a theoretical value by man. Money and economics is an extremely complex science yet - it doesn't actually exist. I see God in that same light

So, back to God - this allows opposing theories around the faith. History shows that never ends well....

I get what you're saying, but I think that's quite a confused way of explaining it. I obviously accept that religion exists, and the concept of God exists, but I wouldn't describe that as believing that God exists. The concept of Santa has massive influence on the behaviour of billions of people, but that doesn't mean I would say I believed in Santa.

At least i have the courage to speak the truth, and shunned for it.

A lot of Christians, are on a power trip, and feel superior to others, well pride comes before a fall, and its KAMA.

Most live in their own private Christian world, patting themselves on the back, because they consider themselves, to be so special.

"God will tear down the mighty and the proud"

I am a deluded Christian, deluded with the conduct of some, not all, Christians.

Hence, i just stay away, and keep myself to myself, and don't get involved anymore.

I apologise, if anyone, at Gay pride, was hurt and offended, it makes me feel ashamed, just love one another.

Most Christians, cannot take being confronted, instead of taking, what is said in, they get very defensive, and walk of in a HUFF ! !

again, i am so sorry, for any hurt caused.:roll:

They hurt people. That was wrong and I'm sorry.

Thank you :)

At least i have the courage to speak the truth, and shunned for it.

A lot of Christians, are on a power trip, and feel superior to others, well pride comes before a fall, and its KAMA.

Most live in their own private Christian world, patting themselves on the back, because they consider themselves, to be so special.

"God will tear down the mighty and the proud"

I am a deluded Christian, deluded with the conduct of some, not all, Christians.

Hence, i just stay away, and keep myself to myself, and don't get involved anymore.

I apologise, if anyone, at Gay pride, was hurt and offended, it makes me feel ashamed, just love one another.

Most Christians, cannot take being confronted, instead of taking, what is said in, they get very defensive, and walk of in a HUFF ! !

again, i am so sorry, for any hurt caused.:roll:

Their is no need to say sorry. As I have said in a previous post everyone has the right to believe in what ever they wish that is what freedom is about. I do think at times the Gay community is quick to play the victim card . Just because a few Christians turned up to promote their ideas hardly ruined the event it didn't last long should the matter go further wise - no .

Their is no need to say sorry. As I have said in a previous post everyone has the right to believe in what ever they wish that is what freedom is about. I do think at times the Gay community is quick to play the victim card . Just because a few Christians turned up to promote their ideas hardly ruined the event it didn't last long should the matter go further wise - no .

we aren't playing the victim card. if anyone is maybe its the christians who took part in this thing. they can claim "look at our faith being desparaged" etc etc etc.

the non-christians on here treat these people like a joke and they really aren't.

for all the boastings of secularness this is still a country haunted by the echoes of a christianity which was harsh to all those who didn't fit in, be they catholic, protestant, quaker, non-conformist, non-christian, non-white, gay the list is endless. the crimes of the worshippers of the abramic religeons against others are legion and if their deity really exists then it is either a small minded vindictive one or they are going to have some hard questions to answer when they get to see st peter.

people dont choose their parents nor their parents religeon and to anyone who has grown up in even a mildly religeous environment their words hurt and hurt deeply.

these people absolutely knew that at least some would be hurt and thats why they came and thats the only reason they came.

and for those who feel pride's days are done then the existance of people like these show that it isn't.

To Crookedspire.

Maybe these people have had a lot of abuse, and it adds up, just another brick in the wall.

Abuse, as they see it, is so destructive, on every level, people don't put themselves in their shoes, so don't realy understand.

Damaged people are highly vonerable, and soon upset, quite rightly so.

They probably have struggled about their sexuality, most of their lives, a hard path to walk.

No wonder they bite back, wouldnt you ?

I have several gay friends, and i love and respect them.

What path they take, in the bedroom, is up to them, and doesn't define them as a human being, its only one small aspect.

Hetrosexuals could be judged very very harshly, on some of the sexual interaction that transpires, behind closed doors. DONT HATE, DONT HATE, DONT HATE.

---------- Post added 07-08-2016 at 20:18 ----------

With respect . . . . its the love of money, that is the root of all evil, not money.

And now we have this in Sheffield which is even more disheartening and worrying .. cannot believe that Sheffielders would behave like this ...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/couple-claim-they-have-received-death-threats-after-homophobic-attack-on-sheffield-bus-1-8044835

I can. Have you seen the comments underneath the article. Some people are just vile.

Well i suppose Sheffield is no different to any other place, its not unique, at all.

Human beings, have the same flaws, where ever it may be.

Its a shame it goes on anywhere, but it does, killing, bombing, stabbing, murder, fighting, drugs, rape, its goes on and on.

Where ever there are people, it goes off.:roll:

Well i suppose Sheffield is no different to any other place, its not unique, at all.

Human beings, have the same flaws, where ever it may be.

Its a shame it goes on anywhere, but it does, killing, bombing, stabbing, murder, fighting, drugs, rape, its goes on and on.

Where ever there are people, it goes off.:roll:

Well true enough. But as I said on another thread Sheffield feels a comparatively safe city, & I've lived in Manchester & Leeds.

Anyway just because a few religious people choose to use their holy texts as a stick to beat others with, I do not judge all religious people like this. The people who gatecrashed the Pride event in Sheffield are inadequate and resentful.

Its difficult to judge people you don't realy know, or their motives.

I have heard people people say they don't like someone, and have never even met them.

Our judgment can be way out !Christians would do well to keep quiet, unless asked ?