Christian protest at Pride - Endcliffe Park

Knowing very little about Biggins I'm not sure. Possibly not. What's your point?

Like I said ,It is now the ordinary Joe and Janet going about their lives without fuss who are ignored by all in this Country.

Maybe because they're the majority and can live their lives without fear? Its the blacks, the gays, the foreigners who get abuse and attacked just for being different.

And if that means parades and "shoving it down our throats" (Alan Partridge) to bring them into the mainstream for acceptance then I'm all for it.

Maybe because they're the majority and can live their lives without fear? Its the blacks, the gays, the foreigners who get abuse and attacked just for being different.

And if that means parades and "shoving it down our throats" (Alan Partridge) to bring them into the mainstream for acceptance then I'm all for it.

I disagree, show me where in the UK that blacks, gays and foreigners live in fear any more than other people, and I will show you exaggeration and media hype. Some people in these groups abuse people themselves and some of them are hateful and intolerant of each other. I don't want anything shoving down my throat thanks, it's that 'shoving it down our throats' that annoys people more than anything else.

Maybe they don't want to be 'mainstream', as you call it. Maybe they're quite content to be different.

Back on topic please.

I disagree, show me where in the UK that blacks, gays and foreigners live in fear any more than other people, and I will show you exaggeration and media hype. Some people in these groups abuse people themselves and some of them are hateful and intolerant of each other. I don't want anything shoving down my throat thanks, it's that 'shoving it down our throats' that annoys people more than anything else.

It may annoy you that the annual Sheffield Pride is 'shoved down your throat', but after the Orlando shootings especially, Pride events world wide are necessary.

I don't know the figures for Black and Minority Ethnic groups, but as has been pointed out before members of the LGBT community are more likely to self harm, suffer mental health difficulties, attempt and commit suicide. It is accepted that difficulties in coming out and internalised homophobia are the chief causes. Nothing to do with Pride events.

Yes some LGBT people abuse and are hateful of other LGBT people. I personally don't like the over sexualisation of gay men by other men; and the crude way some gay men treat others as a piece of meat. It's cheap and grotty. Though I'm pretty sure that some straight men look at women in a leering way.

I disagree, show me where in the UK that blacks, gays and foreigners live in fear any more than other people, and I will show you exaggeration and media hype.

You've altered my statement somewhat. I said "Its the blacks, the gays, the foreigners who get abuse and attacked". So, with that in mind, just three recent examples from dozens:

Black people still far more likely to be stopped and searched by police than other ethnic groups

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/black-people-still-far-more-likely-to-be-stopped-and-searched-by-police-than-other-ethnic-groups-10444436.html

Eddie Izzard 'was subjected to homophobic abuse in the street after refusing to give passers-by a ride in his classic 1958 VW Beetle'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3731408/Transvestite-comedian-Eddie-Izzard-subjected-homophobic-abuse-street-refusing-passers-ride-classic-1958-VW-Beetle.html

Gay man films 'homophobic abuse' after argument breaks out between passengers on packed bus

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gay-man-films-homophobic-abuse-8345330

Angela Eagle subjected to ‘homophobic abuse’ from Jeremy Corbyn supporters

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/07/05/angela-eagle-subjected-to-homophobic-abuse-from-jeremy-corbyn-supporters/

#PostRefRacism: Racist hate crime jumped 42% during Brexit referendum

https://www.rt.com/uk/350223-racism-hate-crime-brexit/

Exaggeration and media hype? Prove it.

Do Gay Pride events come into this category for you I wonder?

What aspects do you find are being 'shoved down your throat' exactly? I live in Sheffield and had no idea the pride event was happening. I may just not be very observant, but I probably would have noticed if it was in my throat.

What aspects do you find are being 'shoved down your throat' exactly? I live in Sheffield and had no idea the pride event was happening. I may just not be very observant, but I probably would have noticed if it was in my throat.

Unless you live local to the park or where they march then I don't think you would know about it unless you were looking.

Also, I'm actually quite envious of your belief that blacks, gays and foreigners don't face any extra difficulties because of the mere fact they are gay, black or foreign. Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that we live in a world where they do.

As I have said elsewhere, we are fortunate to live in a country where homophobic, xenophobic and racists abuse is only caused by a small section of society, but you cannot close your eyes and shut your ears to that abuse and pretend it is not happening.