Christian protest at Pride - Endcliffe Park

I'm as irreligious as they come, but the thought of a global ban on religion, and what that would actually encompass, is pretty terrifying!

We just have to wait it out, I think religion will one day die out, probably a long time after I am dead, but one day. With the exception of the USA, as countries get wealthier and more industrialised they get less religious.

Unlike the UK, the USA is actually a secular state.

Unlike the UK, the USA is actually a secular state.

Indeed. The Treaty of Tripoli (1796) states that 'The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion…' whereas the UK is in the minority of countries in the world the does have a state religion.

That does not take away from my point however. The population of the USA is much more religious than the population of the UK. Recent figures from 2015 indicate that 48.5% of the UK population are atheist - that figure is only around 20% for the USA, which is low for such a wealthy and industrialised country.

Hi, hello, I am a Christian, and those people make me feel ashamed !:rant:

I have to say, I have also been treated very badly, by some "Christians "

I read in a book, " Because someone sits in a church, doesn't make them a Christian, anymore than sitting in a garage, makes you a car."

No one is perfect, and its so hard, even trying, I am what I am, and hope that Jesus Christ, loves me, despite.

I have heard so much nasty gossip, behind peoples backs, condemnation, looking down their noses at other people, it quite honestly, makes me sick.

Heaven love us all,and believe me, there is constant power struggles, within churches, over works they do, within the church, so afraid someone will take their so called jobs, also a streak of jealousy, I have observed.

When someone new comes into a church, they close ranks.

Its not at all fair, we are all part of one branch, and all sinners.

Jesus said "Love one another " I have seen lots of defensive hate within the church, and its not acceptable.

I no longer attend church, for these very reasons, and know lots of others who don't either.

They use the buildings, for other uses, against scriptural instruction.

Who cares, if fills the coffers ! !

I have observed this situation, for over 30 years.

LOVE COVERS ALL THING, I have just removed my self from the lack of it !

Its mostly pretention, but sad for those genuine followers.

Hi, hello, I am a Christian, and those people make me feel ashamed !:rant:

I have to say, I have also been treated very badly, by some "Christians "

I read in a book, " Because someone sits in a church, doesn't make them a Christian, anymore than sitting in a garage, makes you a car."

No one is perfect, and its so hard, even trying, I am what I am, and hope that Jesus Christ, loves me, despite.

I have heard so much nasty gossip, behind peoples backs, condemnation, looking down their noses at other people, it quite honestly, makes me sick.

Heaven love us all,and believe me, there is constant power struggles, within churches, over works they do, within the church, so afraid someone will take their so called jobs, also a streak of jealousy, I have observed.

When someone new comes into a church, they close ranks.

Its not at all fair, we are all part of one branch, and all sinners.

Jesus said "Love one another " I have seen lots of defensive hate within the church, and its not acceptable.

I no longer attend church, for these very reasons, and know lots of others who don't either.

They use the buildings, for other uses, against scriptural instruction.

Who cares, if fills the coffers ! !

I have observed this situation, for over 30 years.

LOVE COVERS ALL THING, I have just removed my self from the lack of it !

Its mostly pretention, but sad for those genuine followers.

There is more love and good deeds done in the tap room at a local pub than in any church, or any other place of worship.

Well said Mrs M.

Indeed. It's a good post you shouldn't need to make but it's good you did Mrs M.

Thank you, I have even gone home AND CRIED I HAVE BEEN SO UPSET ! ! !

I LOVE CHURCH, but have honestly become afraid to put my foot in one, any more.

I cand stand the rejections any more, and decided, its for the best, for my own sanity, to just stay away, I cant keep confronting the issues any more.

It grieves my heart and spirit, because I love worshiping.

Christians, well ? ? ? ? ?

---------- Post added 03-08-2016 at 21:45 ----------

Jesus loved and embraced sinners, that is what he came to earth for.

The situation makes me very very sad, in my heart !

There is more love and good deeds done in the tap room at a local pub than in any church, or any other place of worship.

Pubs are on the decline remember. Where will we go for inspiration and chat?

Social Media.

:suspect:

:hihi:

If there is a god, may he bring the flock back into pubs (and churches, as long as current Sunday alcohol licensing remains and can pop for a pint after).

:D

I don't agree with what those Christians were saying but I do agree in their right to say it.

Indeed. The Treaty of Tripoli (1796) states that 'The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion…' whereas the UK is in the minority of countries in the world the does have a state religion.

That does not take away from my point however. The population of the USA is much more religious than the population of the UK. Recent figures from 2015 indicate that 48.5% of the UK population are atheist - that figure is only around 20% for the USA, which is low for such a wealthy and industrialised country.

I don't care what 'The Treaty of Tripoli (1796)' says with its blanket sweeping generalisation that its 'not, in any sence' founded on Christian religion.

The Pilgrim Fathers were followed by wave after wave of persecuted religious groups, the vast majority of whom were christian.

Really????

I don't care what 'The Treaty of Tripoli (1796)' says with its blanket sweeping generalisation that its 'not, in any sense' founded on Christian religion.

The Pilgrim Fathers were followed by wave after wave of persecuted religious groups, the vast majority of whom were christian.

What an odd comment. Whether or not you care about the Treaty of Tripoli is by the by, it exists, and unless you are in charge of setting state religions, it means that it the USA will continue to be officially a secular state.

As the rest of my comment mentioned, the populace of the USA however are very religious, the vast majority of whom are indeed Christian.

Edited by Robin-H