Post Brexit Racism.

Apart from these press details https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/27/sadiq-khan-muslim-council-britain-warning-of-post-brexit-racism a report on Channel 4 news today gave details about a Polish community centre established fifty years ago being targeted, and that incident was only one of the accounts mentioned.

Since the referendum racial abuse and Xenophobia appears to be on the rise, and when I hear all this It makes me feel disgusted and ashamed to be British.

So my aunt who lived for years in sheffield gets subjected to racist abuse today for the first time here in sheffield. Thanks guys

So my aunt who lived for years in sheffield gets subjected to racist abuse today for the first time here in sheffield. Thanks guys

hope she reported it to the police.

Why are you blaming people on here??? :huh::huh:

A big shame if it's happening in Sheffield. But why do you think it might have been some one from the forum?

So we are clear - we are not going to tolerate racism on this forum. Nor are we going to allow people to whitewash the affiliations of those responsible. I hope that makes things lovely and clear for you all.

Personal attacks will result in suspensions.

I've read about such abuse in the newspaper & I'm utterly disgusted with the stupidity of these people. I've heard that people have been verbally abused in the street by strangers screaming "**** off we've voted to get you out!"

These people are truly vile.

Why are you blaming people on here??? :huh::huh:

Not blaming folks here. But where once the racists were hiding in the shadows, now they are bold because of brexit. It feels like they can rage now

Anybody found posting racist claptrap on this forum or supporting those who do will find their accounts permanently suspended.

It's a shame that this result has emboldened the nasty people who think they can attack individual, innocent people.

Have whatever opinion you want, it is your right. Do not attack people, it is vile. We are currently the laughing stock of Europe. This is a time in which we should be endearing ourselves to our European friends and not coming across as a hunch of xenophobic morons.

My empathy goes out to anyone effected.

Hopefully it's just a minority- the ones who probably do very little themselves for the good of the economy.

The ones who voted purely for migration issues and after Brexit, woke up thinking all immigrants have to go.

Anybody found posting racist claptrap on this forum or supporting those who do will find their accounts permanently suspended.

Good to see a swift response. If anyone one is believed to be breaking the law, I hope that those are reported to the authorities and information given as a duty of care.

Edited by mort
broken tags