Post Brexit Racism.

Hopefully it's just a minority- the ones who probably do very little themselves for the good of the economy.

The ones who voted purely for migration issues and after Brexit, woke up thinking all immigrants have to go.

Anybody found posting racist claptrap on this forum or supporting those who do will find their accounts permanently suspended.

Good to see a swift response. If anyone one is believed to be breaking the law, I hope that those are reported to the authorities and information given as a duty of care.

Edited by mort
broken tags

Good to see a swift response. If anyone one is believed to be breaking the law, I hope that those are reported to the authorities and information given as a duty of care.

It is not generally our policy to contact the police about things posted on SF, but we know that enough police officers use the forum that most things that need to be picked up are picked up directly by the police themselves. They also know who to contact to satisfy the conditions of the DPA in order to access the information held on our server about the users posting the things which may be illegal :)

I have been reading with extreme disappointment some of the examples of post Brexit racism.

One of my European work friends has posted on social media, she is very upset by current events and feels unwelcome here. I really feel sorry for her, she shouldn't be made to feel the way she does by ignorant xenophobes.

Reports this morning of a 57% increase in reports of racist incidents since the referendum result.

I am deeply ashamed of this country. This is not what we are.

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 07:16 ----------

The right wing press and media are responsible with their stigmatisation and scapegoating of migrants,trace a lot of racism right back to them.

The Brexit campaigns used immigration as a lightning rod. Every time they started losing an argument, e.g. over the economic consequences, they flipped it back to immigration.

Farage with his overtly racist poster

Gove and Johnson with the continuous fallback to the backup position: Turkey, EU accession, control of our borders.

Remember Gove was head of education for a time and he relentlessly spouted off about kids doing better but now he has helped create a climate of fear for many kids and their parents. Make no mistake: things are getting said to kids in schools by other pupils and my kids have confirmed this both yesterday and on Friday.

Johnson for years was leader of the most multicultural city in Europe

They have so much to answer for.

Edited by I1L2T3

I hope where laws have been broken that the police take action. It's important that this is stamped out before it comes the norm.

Indeed. If you see it report it to the police.

If your kids mention incidents at school, then report it to the schools.

Reports this morning of a 57% increase in reports of racist incidents since the referendum result.

I am deeply ashamed of this country. This is not what we are.

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 07:16 ----------

The Brexit campaigns used immigration as a lightning rod. Every time they started losing an argument, e.g. over the economic consequences, they flipped it back to immigration.

Farage with his overtly racist poster

Gove and Johnson with the continuous fallback to the backup position: Turkey, EU accession, control of our borders.

Remember Gove was head of education for a time and he relentlessly spouted off about kids doing better but now he has helped create a climate of fear for many kids and their parents. Make no mistake: things are getting said to kids in schools by other pupils and my kids have confirmed this both yesterday and on Friday.

Johnson for years was leader of the most multicultural city in Europe

They have so much to answer for.

I agree that politicians have played a big part in this with their dog whistle politics.

If it filters down into schools, that's an extra level of despair, as it sets the future. It can set the country back decades, IMO.

It is sad to read stuff like this. However, been 6 months here, met a lot of people from Sheffield a Yorkshire countryside, not a single bad experience. My accent clearly sound "foreign" :D