Post Brexit Racism.

Racists no doubt feel emboldened by a vote that makes it clear the majority of people in this country have had enough of their immigration concerns being ignored. It is unfortunate but what's the alternative? Should the majority who voted to Leave have put aside their concerns about uncontrolled mass immigration in order to spite and silent a few racists? Even if you think they should have it is unrealistic to expect it.

Voting to leave means we can better control immigration and when that eventually happens it will appease the vast majority of people. Yes, we'll still have racists (as does every culture/nation) but they'll be an insignificant minority rejected by the majority. It is the only way to put racism back in the box. If we carry on ignoring how most people feel about immigration then anger and frustration is only going to deepen and the racism will get worse.

Thank you for changing the tone of your message. I agree with you in this. It is incredibly dangerous to ignore the message coming from the streets. There is now a mission, for all, including you, to explain that racism is not acceptable and will be punished.

I agree with part of Zamo's arguments insofar as brushing a problem under the carpet and not addressing it allows it to fester, and when it is then released, the problem is worse than if it had been addressed at the time. The problem with addressing it at the time is of course that it is hard to do. If it were easy, everyone would do it. I do not believe that restricting immigration would have prevented the build up of the hidden resentment, the release of which we are now seeing. Immigrants would still be scapegoats to some of those who feel aggrieved.

In the absence of a better strategy, we have nothing left except trying to clamp down on this hateful behaviour when it occurs.

I'm blaming racism on racists. That's not a difficult call.

I'm blaming the boldness of racists at the moment at the inflammatory rubbish the Leave campaign have been spewing out.

I blame it on the right wing media and politicians.They stigmatise and demonise immigrants and embolden racists,this has now been shown up to be true by what has happened after the referendum.........racists and xenophobes see it as their license to go public.

Only a thought.

Could the racism being exhibited by a few, be being exploited in the media in a plot to confirm that 'All Brexiters are mindless racists' and thus undermine the vote?

The media will always report incidents though. Just because they report murders doesn't mean we think that everyone in the country is a murderer. But if there's a sudden spike in murders then we start to look at why it happens.

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 15:13 ----------

Halal butchers has been firebombed in Birmingham...

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 15:15 ----------

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/crime/2016/06/28/halal-butchers-worker-hit-by-petrol-bomb-thrown-into-walsall-store/compo-19/

Only a thought.

Could the racism being exhibited by a few, be being exploited in the media in a plot to confirm that 'All Brexiters are mindless racists' and thus undermine the vote?

Nope. Unless your complaint is just about the BBC? And ITV and C4 and Sky?

And the Daily Mail, and the Sun....etc

The media as a whole were split on Brexit.

Edited by Radan

I agree with part of Zamo's arguments insofar as brushing a problem under the carpet and not addressing it allows it to fester, and when it is then released, the problem is worse than if it had been addressed at the time. The problem with addressing it at the time is of course that it is hard to do. If it were easy, everyone would do it. I do not believe that restricting immigration would have prevented the build up of the hidden resentment, the release of which we are now seeing. Immigrants would still be scapegoats to some of those who feel aggrieved.

In the absence of a better strategy, we have nothing left except trying to clamp down on this hateful behaviour when it occurs.

I agree, though unfortunately most of us are not in a position to do anything other then speak out against it, but at least that's better then being silent and turning a blind eye to it.

Only a thought.

Wouldn't put it passed them!

Remind me, how did you two vote again? Own up to the reality girls, there is an angry uneducated and stupid mob out there that is deliberately targeting foreigners.

Explain to me how a complot theory helps?

Remind me, how did you two vote again? Own up to the reality girls, there is an angry uneducated and stupid mob out there that is deliberately targeting foreigners.

Explain to me how a complot theory helps?

I voted out :P

I am certainly not a racist or prejudice against anyone!

I'm all for seeing the likes of these morons punished x

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 15:31 ----------

Oh and calling us girls is patronising! But i think you already know that........