The Owls win and the blades..erm..

I can't see where anybody even mentioned Wednesday,or how they were doing,or going up or not going up.I know I didn't,but there you go,when you talk about football in the Championship,every post 'revolves around Wednesday'.........you brought Wednesday into it,and imagined what Blades are thinking.........there's the paranoia..........still waiting for what my previous guise is,so can you come up with a name please?

Its your fellow Blade,Sheff 71 who mentioned the Championship is weak this season.....hence the response's

Its not all one way with the Paranoia...;)

But what makes a good quality champiosnhip...?..(or any league come to that)

one where 2 teams run away with it,leaving the rest to fight it out.....

or a league where the top spot changes leaving four or five clubs realistically thinking they can go up automatically?

or one that has another four or five clubs fighting for 2 play off places..

Over the course of a season,you will get poor matches,and teams hitting poor form..but to say the top clubs would struggle to compete in the PL is harsh..Watford and Bournemouth have done ok ...

Ultimately,we want to see our teams succesful and if Wednesday go up this year,i wouldnt care if others thought it was a "poor league"...likewise Unitedites would feel exactly the same if it meant you get out of the Pub League.

All you have to be in a division is better than anybody else,whatever quality that might require.......doesn't have to be amazing if everybody is average,just has to be above average.

Bournemouth have spent millions since they went up,so what a team looks like in the Championship is no guide to what they will do in the PL,because they will get loads of money to improve their team.

---------- Post added 21-03-2016 at 16:22 ----------

Its your fellow Blade,Sheff 71 who mentioned the Championship is weak this season.....hence the response's

So what?.........if he thinks that,why should Wednesday fans throw their arms up in the air when he's talking about a division?..........in fact,on second thoughts,keep doing it,you're only showing yourselves up by looking to be outraged.

All you have to be in a division is better than anybody else,whatever quality that might require.......doesn't have to be amazing if everybody is average,just has to be above average.

Bournemouth have spent millions since they went up,so what a team looks like in the Championship is no guide to what they will do in the PL,because they will get loads of money to improve their team.

Dont disagree with anything you've put.....Cant blame the teams who spend money trying to stop in the PL,the financial rewards get bigger every season.

---------- Post added 21-03-2016 at 16:27 ----------

---------- Post added 21-03-2016 at 16:22 ----------

So what?.........if he thinks that,why should Wednesday fans throw their arms up in the air when he's talking about a division?..........in fact,on second thoughts,keep doing it,you're only showing yourselves up by looking to be outraged.

Its about opinions,he's quite entitled to his ...nothing wrong with that...all i asked was how do you quantify that a league is weak...

I couldnt care less if its a weak Championship or not,as long as Wednesday can get out of it...

Edited by Sheridan1-0

Dont disagree with anything you've put.....Cant blame the teams who spend money trying to stop in the PL,the financial rewards get bigger every season.

---------- Post added 21-03-2016 at 16:27 ----------

Its about opinions,he's quite entitled to his ...nothing wrong with that...all i asked was how do you quantify that a league is weak...

I couldnt care less if its a weak Championship or not,as long as Wednesday can get out of it...

Yes,but we have one poster,at least,who is saying that any criticism of the Championship is anti Wednesday,or against Wednesday..............and has gone on to say that any criticism of the quality is because of jealousy.That's an insult to anybody who wants to talk football and air their opinions...........Blades are not happy clappers for Wednesday,looking to massage the egos that pop up on here by bigging up a division that in their view is not worthy of bigging up...........hence,grow thicker skins and stop looking to be outraged at anything that might imply that Wednesday are not the best thing since sliced bread,or that every post revolves around them.

Yes,but we have one poster,at least,who is saying that any criticism of the Championship is anti Wednesday,or against Wednesday..............and has gone on to say that any criticism of the quality is because of jealousy.That's an insult to anybody who wants to talk football and air their opinions...........Blades are not happy clappers for Wednesday,looking to massage the egos that pop up on here by bigging up a division that in their view is not worthy of bigging up...........hence,grow thicker skins and stop looking to be outraged at anything that might imply that Wednesday are not the best thing since sliced bread,or that every post revolves around them.

But then you get involved in pointless never ending arguments ...we've all succumbed to it...!!

As this is an Owls/Blades forum and the poster (Pintor) has under a previous name made many baiting comments we can safely assume it was degenerating the Owls current league position. If the Owls were in a relegation place would the Championship be described as weak!!

The blades have virtually nothing to shout about this season and the Owls are doing pretty well so far, united fans who I know on Facebook have been virtually silent all season but have made posts within seconds of the Owls few losses.

But then you get involved in pointless never ending arguments ...we've all succumbed to it...!!

:hihi:

Not all of us Mr Sheridan! :P

As this is an Owls/Blades forum and the poster (Pintor) has under a previous name made many baiting comments we can safely assume it was degenerating the Owls current league position. If the Owls were in a relegation place would the Championship be described as weak!!

The blades have virtually nothing to shout about this season and the Owls are doing pretty well so far, united fans who I know on Facebook have been virtually silent all season but have made posts within seconds of the Owls few losses.

Your post,number 34,doesn't reference any particular poster,but lumps all Blades together as being 'jealous',when in fact we have been commenting on the quality of the Championship,which doesn't revolve around Wednesday,there are others above who's quality has been called into question.......one of them even their own manager called it into question......but you carry on with the outrage that sees general football comment by Blades as being anti Wednesday.........you are the one showing yourself up.

Firstly, I don't speak on behalf of other blades, it's just my opinion, which I have no problem if you disagree with. I do think it is not as strong as in previous seasons, as someone looking from outside.

Secondly, is this just a one way thing then? So it's okay for the owl in the OP to say it's one of the worst League 1's ever, yet when someone has a similar opinion of the Championship, then all of a sudden that's wrong?

Thirdly, I never said there was anything wrong with taking advantage of a poor league while you are doing well - who is to say where you will be in a year's time, you could quite easily revert to old habits if you don't make it this season, especially with the rising expectation on Carlos' back.

I don't think I even mentioned the owls at all in my post - just that some of the others up there are the usual nearly men that are repeat failures.

As for being jealous of anyone else (whoever it was who dug up that old barnacle), it may apply to some of the younger ones on here, for myself i've seen more than enough Sheffield football to know that this is just another turn on the cycle, we've been down in the doldrums before and fought all the way back upto the top flight, so it will happen again at some point... having lived through the mid to late 90s, when the owls were in the top flight the whole time and were much better than us, then there really isn't anything to be jealous of just yet! :)

---------- Post added 21-03-2016 at 18:47 ----------

I've no idea who the Pintor is that you're talking about, but i'm sure if you check with the more even handed owls fans on here, they'll tell you that i've hardly been slagging the owls off all season - in fact giving praise when it's due (as it was my name that was dug out earlier)...

As I said previously... I was just curious as to how you define what is a poor league and what isn't ..? ..

ive seen some dreadful games from the Premier League and the Champions League and International matches... But it doesn't define the respective league as a whole in my opinion....

Edited by Sheridan1-0

Your post,number 34,doesn't reference any particular poster,but lumps all Blades together as being 'jealous',when in fact we have been commenting on the quality of the Championship,which doesn't revolve around Wednesday,there are others above who's quality has been called into question.......one of them even their own manager called it into question......but you carry on with the outrage that sees general football comment by Blades as being anti Wednesday.........you are the one showing yourself up.

Why didn't the poster cite the Premier League as an example then, if Leicester have a chance of winning it and West Ham a chance of the top 4 then it must be very poor this season and would be a far better example. The Championship is often cited as one of the most difficult leagues to get promoted from in Europe.