Ecclesfield Road (Woolley Wood Bottom) speed limit/closures

And it is still closed!

Or was an hour ago.

I thought the speed was 30 miles an hour the rd has lights I think.

Ecclesfield Rd will remain closed until midnight tonight.

Maybe people should learn how to drive. If its raining one would assume a driver knows to slow down. Whether they are doing the speed limit or not you should slow down. Had this had happened the road would still be a 60 mph road, which it should be. But alas it's not.

are the council / amey, actually doing anything to resolve this ongoing problem ?

People are obsessed with speed when in fact the biggest problems lie with people driving stupidly slow and frustrating people who want to make progress. Overtaking on here is perfectly safe as long as you do it quickly with full visibility when there is nothing coming the other way.

Went past about 8.30 this evening, 2 pumping vehicles at the beginning of the road closed signs, presuming they will be pumping the flooded bit again.

A colleague of mine at work, tells me today that not only was Ecclesfield Road (Wooley Wood Bottom) closed last night, But the road running parallel to the motorway Grange Mill Lane was also closed due to flooding. To get home to Ecclesfield, she ended up having to go via Thorpe Hesley (and got lost). Took her more than an hour to get home for a journey that would normally be a 10 min drive.

A colleague of mine at work, tells me today that not only was Ecclesfield Road (Wooley Wood Bottom) closed last night, But the road running parallel to the motorway Grange Mill Lane was also closed due to flooding.

Grange Mill Land was open at 10.40pm last night when I can home to Chapeltown from Meadow Hell, bit of flooding at the motor way end but that was all, the rest must have drained away.

---------- Post added 26-08-2016 at 12:09 ----------

If enough of us keep pestering the council, as we should have been doing for age's and asking for a reply to our questions why so little has been done to make the road safe in wet conditions then may be just may be they will stick their heads above the parapet and do some thing positive. E.mail [email protected]

My contribution today,

Hello, Ecclesfield Road the B6082 the section commonly known as Woolly Wood Bottom flooded again at the slightest drop of rain, the council know what the problem is with this stretch of road the drains cannot cope and their previous attempts to solve the problem have failed, it’s a main arterial road to Wincobank, Meadow Hell and Sheffield, so what are you going to do next, please reply I know I haven’t a snow ball’s chance in hell that you will but it would be nice to think someone has some plans for this road.

Did anyone hear about the collapsed tree on this road the other week is this a sign of soil erosion or just that the trees are rotten and top heavy with leaves, now we have to look for falling trees.

Edited by MEC176

Hi, having lived in Sheffield for 32 years I have crossed that road many times and never have I had a problem with it. No one has ever died from crossing that road. Plus even if it's a 40 people will still do 60, as the road in normal conditions is capable of that.

Never has a statement, which sounds reasonable on the surface, been so dangerous. As a general rule I don`t like high speed limits between low speed limits within urban areas. At best it should be 50mph (I`d prefer 40 myself) to remind people they`re not out in the countryside in an unpopulated area. That said, country roads are statistically by far the most dangerous, which has got to tell you something about many drivers and why they cannot be left to decide for themselves what speed is safe to drive at.

Hi, having lived in Sheffield for 32 years I have crossed that road many times and never have I had a problem with it. No one has ever died from crossing that road. Plus even if it's a 40 people will still do 60, as the road in normal conditions is capable of that.

Wrong, I have travelled back and forth on this road for fourteen years while I was working and to my knowledge there have been four fatalities two in cars, one I saw the aftermath off, one on a bike and one where a person was trying to cross the road from a parked area, I have seen it all from pet owners calling their dogs across the road while they stood on the pavement to idiot car drivers and motor bikers over taking on bends, now no body for one instance is saying we all drive like idiots but the adrenalin kick’s in they see the long stretch and go for it then someone comes round the bend and they have no were to go, really what’s it matter if the speed limit is 70mph 60mph 50mph you drive to the conditions of the road and hopefully get there in the end and at the moment this flooding buisness is to me paramount I still have to at times travel this road, winter is closing in standing water that freezes it's going to be fun.