Ecclesfield Road (Woolley Wood Bottom) speed limit/closures

rudds1

Yup, Still closed,

You gotta laugh avnt you? :D

Our super-efficient dynamic council at its best,

& grange mill lane diversion is worse than a tibetan off-track mountain pass?

Wonder how many claims for punctures & dinted wheels that bone shaker of a road will reach SCC?

Tweet from @SCCStreetsAhead to me to say it's closed " Hi the road is closed due to flooding at present. Once the flood ban has been lifted, the road will be re-opened".

Still waiting on a response to "When is something going to be done about it?" :hihi:

Ironically, I got to work quicker this morning by taking my 2nd choice alternative route.

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 13:02 ----------

Response to my second query (although I meant in the longer term):

@SCCStreetsAhead: Hello the road closure will be in place until a risk assessment has been undertaken and is deemed that the site is safe.

it is national speed limit unless it floods

Has any one walked on there since Saturday just to see what's happening,

has the flood damage ripped up the drains again on the road and pathway.

It's a shame that while there is no traffic on there the council do not take the opportunity to trim the over hanging tree's back the foliage will soon get to a point that it will obliterate the street lighting if you look some of the new street lights are already lost in the foliage and come Autumn when wet leaves fall, another cause of accidents wet leaves make's the road slippy you know, of course the council have no one in forward planning to think of this, but it looks nice with a canopy of tree's over you as you glide along.

It's not the national speed limit any more it's now 50mph.

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 16:26 ----------

50mph is NSL for certain vehicles on a single carriageway road anyway ;)

So your saying that certain vehicles are limited to 50mph but others can go quicker than that regardless of what the speed limit signs are.

Yup, Still closed,

You gotta laugh avnt you? :D

Our super-efficient dynamic council at its best,

& grange mill lane diversion is worse than a tibetan off-track mountain pass?

Wonder how many claims for punctures & dinted wheels that bone shaker of a road will reach SCC?

I think you will find that Grange Mill Lane is in Rotherham.

I think you will find that Grange Mill Lane is in Rotherham.

I think you will find that grange mill lane resides in the electoral ward of east ecclsfield & within ecclesfield civil parish therefore under sheffield district council & all the businesses on this road come under an S9(1HW) postcode(s) reinforcing the point, as does observations of SCC streetwise activity on the road in question. (although their is some ambiguity regarding S5 addresses?)

So your saying that certain vehicles are limited to 50mph but others can go quicker than that regardless of what the speed limit signs are.

Erm, no. I was just making a general point about the National Speed Limit being 50mph for certain vehicles on single carriageway roads anyway.

But if a 50mph sign is up, it's 50mph for everyone.

But I'm sure you knew what I was on about and you were just being pedantic ;)