Chapeltown to Sheffield Commute

Just moved to Burncross and struggling with the commute to town every morning, its taking nearly an hour every time ( I lived in meersbrook before!!) anyone got any tips/routes to make it less painful?

Sorry I meant to say in car - but would consider other options :)

yeah the train is an option but I've moved right up the top so its a bit of trek down and then back up - does anyone know any quick car routes - or is it just leave crazy early to avoid the main bulk of traffic?

What time you needing to get into town?

need to be in at the latest 9am but can do earlier if needs be - sleep is a premium at the mo with a 4 week old!

It would help to know which way you usually commute mate?

It all depends what time of day you are commuting really as you get a build up at various points regardless of which way you go however I drive all over Sheffield at various times of day as part of my job and I personally find heading to Ecclesfield and then down Ecclesfield road which runs pretty much parallel to the M1, this leads all the way down to carlisle street which then gives you several options to head into the City Centre.

Edited by green_man

Have you tried using Waze on your phone as a sat nav. It has really accurate (not perfect but not bad!) real-time traffic and tries to route you around it. I've found it really useful coming in from South of Sheffield as Waze takes me some weird and wonderful routes to avoid the Parkway snarl ups.

I'm guessing you head down Halifax Rd, Hillsbro etc at the moment?

So far tried Penistone road, Shirecliffe and M1 - will try sat nav tip!

I wonder if going thru Southey then down past the NGH on Herries and onto Barnsley Road