Chapeltown to Sheffield Commute

The top route heading down Penistone Road is an absolute night mare on the best of days as it staying on Barsnley Road from Ecclesfield, in fact at times I have found it easier and much quicker diverting off this road and going down Ecclesfield Road to the Carlisle Street crossroads, just to get to The Northern General.

Burncross to Sheffield City in the morning rush Hour - an hour sounds about right. Anyone will tell you driving into town at that time in a morning is an absolute nightmare.

Yeah 9am is pig from anywhere to get into the city centre, thankfully our hours are flexible I start at 7.30am the drive from Frecheville onto Broadfield Road takes 15 mins. Advice would be to start earlier if you've the option

Yeah 9am is pig from anywhere to get into the city centre, thankfully our hours are flexible I start at 7.30am the drive from Frecheville onto Broadfield Road takes 15 mins. Advice would be to start earlier if you've the option

Exactly that, it takes me 20 minutes tops to get from Hillsborough to the M1 via the Parkway around 7AM, takes 45 minutes between 8-9AM. Staggered working hours really are the way forward and I think most employers are open to investigating flexible hours.

I moved to High Green a few months ago, and I'm getting a little frustrated that public transport (bus) takes me over an hour to get to work. I will in time get my own transport, but even then I would always get stuck in traffic. Due to where I work, it is impossible to avoid the Penistone Road / city centre traffic :(

If this is a regular commute at the time you state i would consider using the train as best option. There's various options for the car Shirecliffe/Parson Cross/Wolley Wood Bottom & the 2 main routes A61(Hillsborough) or A6135(Ecclesfield) but whichever way you choose you'll get traffic at some stage on the route.