Rant Alert, Rant Alert!!

Having slept on this problem, you will all be pleased to know that I have come up with an obvious solution!

If all the sensible drivers were to start using the wrong lane, then in order to queue jump, all the idiots would be forced to use the correct lane.

The sensible drivers could then annoy the idiots by trying to cut in.

The idiots would get so frustrated that they would then resort to starting rant threads on a local internet forum...

SIMPLES!

Well Mr Bloke such logic really deserves consideration on Bradfield Road.Till such a time I will continue to become extremely annoyed and not allow any idiot to cut in front.I will never allow such behaviour and on the off chance that someone is slightly faster than me over the junction there is every chance that they will get a streamlined wing.

You could do what a lot of law-abiding drivers do: turn left into Holme Lane; right into Beechwood Road/Taplin Road/Haden Street; and then left, back into Holme Lane. Only a chuff would go all the way up to Malin Bridge, surely?

And it's people doing this that makes Holme Lane the jammed up mess that it is at all hours of the day.

People have always done that . I do it myself. why would you want to drive a mile right up malin bridge and back down just to get 50 yds to the lights ?

I cant fault anyone for doing a right turn there. Its only through this anti car council`s stupidity that motorists arnt allowed to turn right . The right turn there was never a problem for decades .

Oh well as long as you think it's a stupid rule, that's ok then? Personally I think it's stupid to go all the way round a roundabout to turn right so maybe I'll just nip round the wrong way when I think I can get away with it then? Bet you don't do it when there's a cop car around.. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 05-11-2015 at 17:49 ----------

And it's people doing this that makes Holme Lane the jammed up mess that it is at all hours of the day.

Of course it is. This is the only reason, obviously. :roll::roll:

---------- Post added 05-11-2015 at 17:53 ----------

If you stop people "pushing in" at a merge in turn section of road you ought to receive a penalty.

That's completely different! It is not, and never has been a merge in junction.

---------- Post added 05-11-2015 at 17:55 ----------

Maybe it should be changed to a merge in turn. Studies show that if one line of traffic forms on a two way road it is much slower then if they merge in turn. If not then "Don't let them in" works for me. They are not going to drive into you as they will be at fault and my car will be worse than theirs no doubt.

I completely agree ?

Another thing that gets my goat is the need for cars who are going to take a right turn in two miles, moving into the offside lane and crawling along at four miles a fortnight.

Another thing that gets my goat is the need for cars who are going to take a right turn in two miles, moving into the offside lane and crawling along at four miles a fortnight.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: sooooooo annoying!

How so?

The people who do this want/need to go in that direction, they HAVE to turn around somewhere and it makes very little sense to drive all the way down to Malin bridge.

How so?

The people who do this want/need to go in that direction, they HAVE to turn around somewhere and it makes very little sense to drive all the way down to Malin bridge.

Yes, I'm quite aware of that, but while they're doing it all the other traffic backs up behind them. I know it's not their fault, it's the fault of the council and their wonderful tramgate - previously all these people would have just gone straight over Hillsborough corner.

I love a good rant, and also to listen to a good rant, but this one was disappointing. No swearing for a start. If forummers want to rant in future, please build up a lot more anger and frustration first.

Yes, I'm quite aware of that, but while they're doing it all the other traffic backs up behind them. I know it's not their fault, it's the fault of the council and their wonderful tramgate - previously all these people would have just gone straight over Hillsborough corner.

Fair enough, I agree with that.

I love a good rant, and also to listen to a good rant, but this one was disappointing. No swearing for a start. If forummers want to rant in future, please build up a lot more anger and frustration first.

I'm a lady and I don't swear, well, not much and I wouldn't dream of swearing on here!

That drives my OH mad, and middle lane hoggers on the motorway. I can't decide if such people just don't know the Highway Code (although everyone technically should), are lazy, or think they are so important they should get their own lane :huh:

If you're not overtaking or turning right imminently and it's not busy, come back to the left lane!

There's a lot of junctions like that around..not in Sheffield but the most annoying junction has to be Mottram hill on the way to Manchester you've been stood in a mile of uphill standing traffic and some ******** comes tramming up the outside lane then thinks they can just cut in at the last second. :mad: