Is it ok to walk in London with an "ISIS" flag?

If someone writes the shahada on a black flag and puts it up it doesn't mean he is a terrorist or supports Isis but you and others of your thinking think it does.

Do some more research apart from Wikipedia to get your info...

Anybody that produces a black flag with the shahada in a white circle in a major British city at the current time is either a fool or a trouble-maker.

Regardless of the multiple uses by many different people, it HAS become the symbol of IS and a radical has just murdered 30 innocent Brits in the name of IS.

If the flag wearer is ignorant of the recent atrocities, then he needs educating.

Can you not accept that it is insensitive and antagonistic to parade such a flag at the current time?

I never said the bloke was trying to reclaim the flag from Isis, in fact I havnt even given an opinion on why the guy did what he did so stick that in your peace pipe and smoke it.

Always trying to twist and assuming things Zamo, dear oh dear. :rolleyes:

Give an opinion then and set the record straight.

The English flag has been hijacked by far right racists.

I don't believe people look at our flag and see a symbol that makes them think 'far right extremism'. And it certainly isn't being used by any prescribed terrorist group.

A black flag with the Shahada written on it is not exclusive to jihadis and no I didn't claim it was a national flag either I said the Isis nutters had hijacked it.

If someone writes the shahada on a black flag and puts it up it doesn't mean he is a terrorist or supports Isis but you and others of your thinking think it does.

Do some more research apart from Wikipedia to get your info...

I guess it has something to do with nobody having seen it used until ISIS started using it. Why do you want to reclaim something that wasn't being used? It's diabolical timing at best and at worst it's an attempt by Muslims to excuse flying the ISIS colours without falling foul of the law. Bad idea either way.

I'm assuming you mean "Fat Man", not "Fat Boy" which might denote at least one of the following:

1. A DJ
  2. A Motorcycle
  3. A Sofa

no, no, he meant little boy and fat boy.

They're a male strippergram double act.

I'm sure ISIS will see the funny side.

I think there was more than sufficient evidence to arrest the man on suspicion of supporting a prescribed group. The Met are trying to wiggle out of a bad decision.

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 19:43 ----------

That would be because a swastika flag has not been adopted by a group that is prescribed because they are violent, murderous terrorists. It is illegal to support a banned terrorist organisation in this country and I'm perplex at why people like you would go out of your way to try and find ways to justify it when we should be doing everything in our power to stop such madness being propagated.

But the OP tried to insinuate that a swastika carrying skinhead would be arrested simply for carrying the flag hence my response. I made no comment or justification about anything else.

---------- Post added 07-07-2015 at 07:00 ----------

Is the islamic flag a national flag then?

If not then its not the same at all.

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 20:18 ----------

I class the national flag as the union flag.

The crusaders used the st georges cross which i fully admit has a negative image.

Which is a modern choice available to you, the Crusaders had no Union flag to choose as we weren't unified.They also flew what is now the Maltese Cross amongst many others.

The Mirror reports today that 1.5m in Britain may support ISIS, as a poll suggests 50% of British Muslims support ISIS.

Backs up my theory that the so called 'moderate' British Muslim majority are not exactly moderate in their views and that is why so many stray into the arms of violent extremist groups. Unfortunately, instead of seeing the danger and wanting to move away from extremism, British Muslims appear to be going the other way. No doubt it is everyone else's fault.

I guess we'll be seeing more of the ISIS flag is this country. Dark days ahead I fear.