Is it ok to walk in London with an "ISIS" flag?

Wouldn't it depend upon the context of the situation that the person wearing the swastika was in?

I very much doubt it these days, i think he would at least have it taken away.

Dont you think so?

If we were to bet i know where my money would firmly be.

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 18:41 ----------

Gary Watt, professor of law at Warwick University disagrees with you.

Gary watt has obviously never been to a football match or out in town at the weekend then.

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 18:42 ----------

So you were making stuff up?

If you like!

Most would consider it a hypothetical question but dont let that stop you from being yourself.

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 18:47 ----------

yes you can wear a swastika although its not a good idea , the law could cite a disturbance of the peace , even royals have done it remember "harry the nazi"? in full nazi SS attire were you not outraged pumpkin? your precious beloved groups like fascist edl or racist bnp or militant combat 18 put their logos over a union flag and wave it about on weekends in town centres claiming to be all about freedom the irony in that is truly mind boggling.. they have all used the swastika in the past and openly done the nazi salute at their rallies, even quoted hitler! so yes a change is needed one that is based on actual facts would be a good start:) not one loaded full of pent up frustration and laced with deep personal bias brought on by the propaganda spin machine that is the media.

None of those groups are either precious or beloved to me pumpkin.

So a swastika would cause a disturbance of the peace you think?

If they all put their logos on a spongebob duvet cover would that change what he stands for too??

The Union flag belongs to the nation no matter who tries to hijack it im afraid.

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 18:51 ----------

So you think sibon is automatically a supporter of the groups you mention given his avatar?

I asked him what it represents and he gave the same arguement im giving about it.

It belongs to the nation and is a sign of patriotism.

More than likely a breach of the peace or inciting racial hatred.

Do you think otherwise?

Legally carrying a flag is neither of those,so yes i think otherwise.

Now hypothetically if it was a middle aged pot bellied professorial type carrying his young child and a swastika flag would he have been arrested?

The answer is no - which is why the councils are banning the wearing of Nazi uniforms and carrying swastikas at events because it isn't unlawful.

Now hypothetically if it was a middle aged pot bellied professorial type carrying his young child and a swastika flag would he have been arrested?

The answer is no - which is why the councils are banning the wearing of Nazi uniforms and carrying swastikas at events because it isn't unlawful.

I believe that the professor would have the common sense to not parade around in a swastika, as the guy in the black flag should have the common sense not to.

I do believe that the professor would have it removed too though to be honest.

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 19:31 ----------

I think youre being a little blinkered and shortsighted to think otherwise.

Maybe it isn't as clear cut as you think. Link

Who'd have thought that you might over-simplify things? :rolleyes:

I think there was more than sufficient evidence to arrest the man on suspicion of supporting a prescribed group. The Met are trying to wiggle out of a bad decision.

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 19:43 ----------

That would be because a swastika flag has not been adopted by a group that is prescribed because they are violent, murderous terrorists. It is illegal to support a banned terrorist organisation in this country and I'm perplex at why people like you would go out of your way to try and find ways to justify it when we should be doing everything in our power to stop such madness being propagated.

That's because westerners are more civilised.

Hmmm. There are times when it slips a bit though don't you think? football hooliganism, road rage and the general weekend drunkenness in town centres spring to mind.

More than likely a breach of the peace or inciting racial hatred.

Do you think otherwise?

I think otherwise. The writing on the flag reads “There is no god but God, Mohammad is the messenger of God.” and the second part is repeated beneath.

On what grounds do you think that it is causing a breach of the peace or inciting racial hatred?

I think the problem you should have and the arguement you should be having is with your muslim brothers then for hijacking the flag and giving it its negative image now.

Theres no positive spin can be given to it im afraid, isis have claimed it and it now is seen worldwide as a representation of them.

Just like the swastika has negative connotations now despite its origin as a peacefull symbol.

The Union flag however is this nations flag and no matter who tries to adopt it it belongs to the nation and its people.

My bold=

Isis are not my Muslim brothers, let's get that straight.

The Islamic flag belongs to Muslims no matter who tries to adopt it in just the same way the union flag belongs to the nation and its people regardless of the far right adopting it.