Public don't want HS2!

I don't get it I really don't. Why don't you want investment in infrastructure - large portions of it are going on old track beds for heavens sake.

Because it's directly affecting Killamarsh. I know people who are losing their homes. Businesses are to be closed down. It's going to look ugly, be noisy and affect house prices. I really don't see the point in it at all.......For heavens sake!

Because it's directly affecting Killamarsh. I know people who are losing their homes. Businesses are to be closed down. It's going to look ugly, be noisy and affect house prices. I really don't see the point in it at all.......For heavens sake!

Ah, so you want it somewhere else then.

I'm with you now.

Are they not going to be compensated for their loss?

And good transport infrastructure usually has posative effect on house prices.

Ah a nimby - that's a reason? Sod everyone else as long as I'm fine?

On which roads in Killamarsh are houses being demolished to make way for HS2?

Here's where it's going http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20141027142236/http://assets.hs2.org.uk/sites/default/files/consultation_library/pdf/route%20section%20hsl13%20key%20plan.pdf

It doesn't tell the full story. My fave fishing spot is the line of fire by the look of it and I'd love it if that wasn't the case. There's nesting kingfishers and all sorts there. I'm hoping allowances can be made or similar areas safeguarded or better still created.