Public don't want HS2!

But the realty is that the population is growing and a larger population needs more infrastructure, loosing some of the countryside is the price for increasing the population.

Rubbish. Last time I used the train to London, it was empty!

---------- Post added 04-06-2015 at 18:28 ----------

What does "large proportion of the countyside" actually mean?

Inaccurate ,alarmist and emotive comments do not help arguments. To support your argument you might want to read this for a start.

High Speed Rail: Consultation on the route from the

West Midlands to Manchester, Leeds and beyond

Sustainability Statement

Appendix E2 – Built Heritage

I've read it already.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubbish. Last time I used the train to London, it was empty!

---------- Post added 04-06-2015 at 18:28 ----------

I've read it already.

Some times the roads I drive on are virtually empty, then at other times they are congested, I would imagine the same applies to trains with more people using them at certain times of the day.

Record numbers of people use the train as 1.3BILLION trips made in just 12 months

The Office of Rail *Regulation said the number of trips by rail had more than doubled since 1995/96.

Edited by loraward

I live in a village who are protesting about HS2.

A village that was once hewn from natural countryside to form 3 railways and a canal, a village that grew through bulldozing the natural beauty with coal mines.

What a surprise that the people who prospered at the time now want to stop HS2 going past 1/2 mile away.

I'd rather have HS2 if it stopped the blinding townies coming over here and tearing up the the place on mountain bikes.

How the hell do you know? You been round and asked all 63 million adult residents in the UK.

Stop talking such nonsense. Its getting tiresome.

Get back in your cadge! I've looked at surveys and polls. Have you got a headache? :hihi:

Get back in your cadge! I've looked at surveys and polls. Have you got a headache? :hihi:

Oh right, surveys and polls. Well if they are as accurate as say, the Election ones that must be true.

As comic Rich Hall once said "...people who aren't savvy enough to take a wide birth when they see someone approaching with a clipboard don't have an opinion that counts...."

Oh right, surveys and polls. Well if they are as accurate as say, the Election ones that must be true.

As comic Rich Hall once said "...people who aren't savvy enough to take a wide birth when they see someone approaching with a clipboard don't have an opinion that counts...."

Who's Rich Hall?

Who's Rich Hall?

Rich hall is quite funny.

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 09:28 ----------

What about the majority that voted the conservatives in? Guess they're wrong too? :hihi:

They may be right they may not be. Based on the previous five years they probably were.