City taxis buyout Mercury taxis in uber scare

The protests and bans in Europe and elsewhere have been regarding UberPop.

UberPop is the carsharing model which facilitates anyone (unlicensed) to use their car to charge for behaving like a taxi.

This is, quite simply, illegal in this country.

In the UK, Uber is registering with Local Authorities and using licensed drivers, only.

In the UK, they operate as any other licensed taxi company.

Dunno. But there's a lot of work done obo NHS. Not just carrying passengers but taking medical records / samples from a to b also

Indeed - many years ago we got stranded at Lodgemoor Hospital in the snow and the only vehicle that made it through for a long time was a taxi doing a blood run and he couldn't take us :( Eventually we got another one to make it and by Crosspool the snow had all but gone.

I attempted to use Uber the other night, after creating an account and submitting my credit card details I was shocked at the price quoted which was dearer than City.. Now here is the problem, the next day I was charged for a taxi journey by Uber that I didn't even take! I went to remove my card details from my Uber account but nope there isn't an option! You have to email them directly and ask for your details to be removed. After doing some research Uber taking money from peoples accounts is a wide spread problem.

Also did anyone hear about the lady who got a 4 miles taxi with Uber and was charging £150?!

I attempted to use Uber the other night, after creating an account and submitting my credit card details I was shocked at the price quoted which was dearer than City.. Now here is the problem, the next day I was charged for a taxi journey by Uber that I didn't even take! I went to remove my card details from my Uber account but nope there isn't an option! You have to email them directly and ask for your details to be removed. After doing some research Uber taking money from peoples accounts is a wide spread problem.

Also did anyone hear about the lady who got a 4 miles taxi with Uber and was charging £150?!

Never had a problem with Uber, either here or in the USA.