City taxis buyout Mercury taxis in uber scare

Got a cab with uber last night fair was £18 but only charged £3 due to introductory offer. Superb service, pleasant driver and so easy. 100 times easier and better than City. There will be only Uber soon a lot sooner than City and the others think i reckon.

Well, they "uber" have done it in every other place, i stand to be corrected but i dont think they have failed anywhere, So why should Sheffield be any different.

Personally, I hope they both do well. Competition is good for the drivers, and good for the customers.

A city as big as Sheffield, we should be able to support at least two big players, and if they operate under different systems, all the better.

Good luck to all!

Uber gets major fines from California regulators for withholding data.

Netherlands does not allow uber to operate because of safety rules abused by its system. New York has had some trouble with them.

Personally I don't care, it is not my business. Just wait and see, uber will reach front page scandals when they get hot.

And how many of them are crying 'false allegations' of being *hacked* I wonder ;)

Probably a few, thats the nature of some people these days sadly but probably most were genuine. I know plenty had irrefutable proof it wasnt them who took the cab but yet they were still charged. And they had a mare of a time getting a refund in some cases.

If drivers actually listened to the product they signed up to there wouldn't be any rumours going about £10p/h minimum true yes here to stay no reason it's good way to recruit drivers time limit until uber decide they have enough work after that there's no guarantee of any work same as other firms.Uber going for NHS contract in Sheffield said who? uber don't do contract work never have also NHS contract is only given to a firm who have wheelchair friendly vehicels in their fleet. Uber has pro's and con's it won't become a major success as some people think in Sheffield it will just be another firm my bet is drivers will start leaving it once all goodies are removed and too many drivers being recruited remember uber don't have a cap on driver limit the more the better it's happy times for now driver getting paid public getting free rides once all settles down then it's different matter surge prices starting to come into play now aswell. Just hope people realise it's important to still support your local firm before you realise what the problem becomes.