Snake Pass/Woodhead closures

One of the vehicles involved yesterday said to have been driving "erratically" before the accident.

I've seen so many bad drivers on that road and thought "one day they're going to get killed and take somebody else with them". Sadly it looks like yesterday was one of those days.

RIP

Why on earth would you have seen anything unusual an hour before the incident happened? :loopy:

There are times we see unusual things even when nothing happens. Police asked for any information, there have been times I have seen people racing there.

Other than the weather which can be an issue,the Snake is my preferred route rather than Woodhead.

The only problem is the drivers who like to practise their rallying skills and the impatient drivers who try to overtake where it's illegal or inappropriate.

You usually see them 3 or 4 cars ahead as you queue through Glossop and Mottram.

• 8 months later...
Other than the weather which can be an issue,the Snake is my preferred route rather than Woodhead.

The only problem is the drivers who like to practise their rallying skills and the impatient drivers who try to overtake where it's illegal or inappropriate.

You usually see them 3 or 4 cars ahead as you queue through Glossop and Mottram.

I drive over the snake quite a lot, I invariably find someone driving along at 40, down to 30 for the corners.

On the other hand, I was overtaken multiple times on Friday night whilst doing 50 with snow visibly settling on the road...