New LED street lights

[Matt]

The whole point of the scheme was to replace them ALL with LEDs due to the colour, that they are dimmable and use less electricity.

All I can think is that they may be temporarily replacing some with older designs so they can at least get the infrastructure in and just swap the heads when the LEDs come in stock.

Typical streetsbehind cockup.

Moved the light from outside the house opposite to directly in front of our bedroom window, with the result that since it has been switched on, I have been suffering from sleep depravation due to the increased light levels and wavelength of the light.

I enquired why they had moved it, and they replied that it was down to obstructions in the street. I asked for more details and they sent the plans.

The plans show a large tree which was taken down nearly a year ago, and yet the lights have only just gone up - so yet again the taxpayer pays for the incompetence of the contractors.

Despite repeated requests, they won't put shades on the light to reduce the internal glare, so I am now looking to start legal proceedings.

Thanks once again SheffieldS*ittyCouncil

Personally I love the new lights as they light up he steps in my garden so we don't need to use an outside light anymore. Only one drawback - they are so bright that my solar lights in the front garden don't work anymore as they don't realise it's night time!

Whereas the lights on nearby roads are like an LED version of older street lights, with a glass diffuser, the ones they have just installed near our house has a square-ish plate, facing down, with an array of 20 odd separate lights. It lights the road and pavement really well, with very little light escaping. It certainly doesn't affect our bedrooms etc. the only light you see is reflected up from the road. No undue light pollution. We're very pleased.

Edited by Eater Sundae