Ebola - God cured me!

For Jesus we have the eye witness accounts of the Apostles which they committed to writing, we have the written accounts of Paul the former Jew called Saul,then we have the accounts from the very early church fathers and also of Josephus in his epic study of the History of the Jews.

"Scholarly opinion varies on the total or partial authenticity of the reference in Book 18, Chapter 3, 3 of the Antiquities, a passage that states that Jesus the Messiah was a wise teacher who was crucified by Pilate, usually called the Testimonium Flavianum.[5][6][1] The general scholarly view is that while the Testimonium Flavianum is most likely not authentic in its entirety, it is broadly agreed upon that it originally consisted of an authentic nucleus, which was then subject to Christian expansion/alteration.[6][7][8][9][10][11] Although the exact nature and extent of the Christian redaction remains unclear,[12] there is broad consensus as to what the original text of the Testimonium by Josephus would have looked like.[10]" - Josephus in Wiki.

Ok now you're just trolling surely? You've gone from posting loads of copy and pastes from random apologetics website you just googled, to straight up putting up an advert for an indoctrination course for your religion! And nothing else, with no context! What a joke! It's like you've given up.

I doubt very much that attending an Alpha course would convince an informed sceptic. On the one I went on some years ago, there was no serious attempt to establish the veracity of the new testament. Josephus was used as an example of extra-biblical evidence for the existence of jesus, but this had already been shown to be a later interpolation, so that was dishonest of them. The only new thing I heard was the trilemma of CS Lewis which would not fool a 10-year-old. Apart from me, all the attendees were already christians & were simply going back to basics. I believe this quite common on alpha courses. The whole thing was reminiscent of RE lessons at school ie accept what you read in the bible. There was no serious discussion & none of my questions were answered to my satisfaction or they were ignored.

Edited by fatrajah

Ok now you're just trolling surely? You've gone from posting loads of copy and pastes from random apologetics website you just googled, to straight up putting up an advert for an indoctrination course for your religion! And nothing else, with no context! What a joke! It's like you've given up.

Its there take it or leave it , The course is a way of knowing what Christians believe and why with the evidence from the bible , also people who have been there . The alpha course is run by different denominations of Christians and yes even ardent atheists have become Christians through this so don't knock it until you have tried it !!

---------- Post added 27-12-2015 at 10:36 ----------

Do not need it,but would like it if you would answer some points which are put to you not only from me.

I have answered your questions you don't accept my answers!

Its there take it or leave it , The course is a way of knowing what Christians believe and why with the evidence from the bible , also people who have been there . The alpha course is run by different denominations of Christians and yes even ardent atheists have become Christians through this so don't knock it until you have tried it !!

If the Bible is why you believe, how do you even start to reconcile the contradictions?

Do you just rely on someone to tell what to believe?

If the Bible is why you believe, how do you even start to reconcile the contradictions?

What contradictions ? It's the way you read the bible Snailboy you need to look at the contexts . The Goapel is simple , there are many ways in which a Christian knows Jesus , it's not through man but God reveals himself to those who seek him. By that I mean guenuine wanting to know.

---------- Post added 27-12-2015 at 12:22 ----------

It's called faith, if you step out and seek

---------- Post added 27-12-2015 at 12:26 ----------

---------- Post added 27-12-2015 at 10:36 ----------

I have answered your questions you don't accept my answers!

Teeny I hear you loud and clear , I have read the whole thread , your faith shines from your writings . I can see you have answered questions to the best of your ability . These people on here have their own issues, thoughts and desires , they aren't true seekers ,they are here purely to distract others away from the truth . God still speaks today , he heals today , he is with is always , like you I have a strong faith in Jesus Christ .