Ebola - God cured me!

That would be too lengthy to post but I'll keep it relevant.

I believe God has the capabilities to heal people. I don't know specifically if it was Ebola and I don't always buy into God healing people by praying and immediately curing the disease. I do think this is possible but I believe that God can heal people by other methods...

So what justification do you have to believe that to be true?

So what justification do you have to believe that to be true?

My belief is based upon the understanding that the bible is an historical account. But you will immediately dismiss that as man-made stories and therefore not factually accurate.

And we come to the impasse which has happened countless times throughout this thread further highlighting the pointlessness.

Which are?

Giving people the tools to heal others...be it intelligence, medicines or even something as simple as compassion.

My belief is based upon the understanding that the bible is an historical account. But you will immediately dismiss that as man-made stories and therefore not factually accurate.

And we come to the impasse which has happened countless times throughout this thread further highlighting the pointlessness.

Giving people the tools to heal others...be it intelligence, medicines or even something as simple as compassion.

As I said before, I think it's important to have a justification to believe that something is true.

I think it's obvious that you don't.

As I said before, I think it's important to have a justification to believe that something is true.

I think it's obvious that you don't.

Further highlighting that you don't believe in God and I do.

62 pages.....:rolleyes:

OK,what about those that die in pain before their natural lifespan? no compassion there,a bit picky these gods,like the followers are.

Further highlighting that you don't believe in God and I do.

62 pages.....:rolleyes:

No. It shows that you'd believe something because you want to believe it rather than it be true.

OK,what about those that die in pain before their natural lifespan? no compassion there,a bit picky these gods,like the followers are.

Have you tried researching for answers before asking these questions in a childish attempt to catch me out?

This question has been asked countless times throughout this thread and only goes to prove my point that there is no genuine interest in the theistic viewpoint, but rather the opportunity to belittle and humiliate.

Try asking the same question on a forum dedicated to this if you have a genuine interest.

There's no point in asking me personally as I don't feel the need to defend to those that have no genuine interest.

---------- Post added 03-01-2016 at 22:19 ----------

No. It shows that you'd believe something because you want to believe it rather than it be true.

In summary :

I believe in a God and you don't. :roll: The reasons are irrelevant because each side maintains their position.

I believe in a God and you don't. :roll: The reasons are irrelevant because each side maintains their position.

What would it take for you to change your position?

What would it take for you to change your position?

The same as you....any concrete proof that denies the existence of God.

I mean let's face it...if the most intelligent minds (Scientists, Apologists, Scholars, Professors etc) haven't managed it then I don't think it's going to be achieved on Sheffield Forum.

People have faith...get over it

The same as you....any concrete proof that denies the existence of God.

I mean let's face it...if the most intelligent minds (Scientists, Apologists, Scholars, Professors etc) haven't managed it then I don't think it's going to be achieved on Sheffield Forum.

People have faith...get over it

Actually I'm the opposite. I'd change my position based on evidence that shows the existence of a god or gods.

How would you go about proving non existence of anything?

Actually I'm the opposite. I'd change my position based on evidence that shows the existence of a god or gods.

How would you go about proving non existence of anything?

You can't, hence the term 'faith'.

But that will be dismissed as blind faith by some.

Again, coming to the conclusion that this and any thread based upon God is redundant.

You can't, hence the term 'faith'.

But that will be dismissed as blind faith by some.

Again, coming to the conclusion that this and any thread based upon God is redundant.

So being unable to prove a negative takes faith?

Faith in what?