Ebola - God cured me!

What contradictions ? It's the way you read the bible Snailboy you need to look at the contexts . The Goapel is simple , there are many ways in which a Christian knows Jesus , it's not through man but God reveals himself to those who seek him. By that I mean guenuine wanting to know.

---------- Post added 27-12-2015 at 12:22 ----------

It's called faith, if you step out and seek

---------- Post added 27-12-2015 at 12:26 ----------

Teeny I hear you loud and clear , I have read the whole thread , your faith shines from your writings . I can see you have answered questions to the best of your ability . These people on here have their own issues, thoughts and desires , they aren't true seekers ,they are here purely to distract others away from the truth . God still speaks today , he heals today , he is with is always , like you I have a strong faith in Jesus Christ .

Another Christian that's needed an unbeliever to tell them that the bible is full of contradictions,do you ever read the bible? appears not.You've read over a 1000 posts and learned nothing,only what you want to see.

Edited by lottiecass
addition

What contradictions ? It's the way you read the bible Snailboy you need to look at the contexts . The Goapel is simple , there are many ways in which a Christian knows Jesus , it's not through man but God reveals himself to those who seek him. By that I mean guenuine wanting to know.

So your god will reveal himself to those who seek him

Matthew 7:8

'For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened'.

Proverbs 8:17

'I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.'

That's great, but hang on a sec. What about Proverbs 1:28?

'Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me'

Looks like a contradiction to me.

---------- Post added 27-12-2015 at 13:52 ----------

It's called faith, if you step out and seek

So in reality, what does that mean?

Edited by SnailyBoy

What writings? Every time she's asked a hard question she just googles it and copy and pastes the top result.

Sorry she has written a fair bit from personal experience , and has taken items possibly preached in her church . I not somewhat of what she has explained and shown you has been taken , not understood by many on this thread

---------- Post added 27-12-2015 at 15:12 ----------

Another Christian that's needed an unbeliever to tell them that the bible is full of contradictions,do you ever read the bible? appears not.You've read over a 1000 posts and learned nothing,only what you want to see.

You detest people of faith , Faith is what we have . I am a Christian , yes that true , I worship in a church , I read Gods word every day .

I read Gods word every day .

I think you are missing the point as what has/is being debated is whether it really is Gods word or that of man. The original post claims God cured Ebola and so far there is no proof of that claim. You don't seem to like the idea that there is no evidence to prove its Gods word hence to you it is all a matter of faith.

God supposedly gave us free will so it follows that for some they are not blinded by faith and instead question it, which is after all what God must want.

So your god will reveal himself to those who seek him

Matthew 7:8

'For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened'.

Proverbs 8:17

'I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.'

That's great, but hang on a sec. What about Proverbs 1:28?

'Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me'

Looks like a contradiction to me.

---------- Post added 27-12-2015 at 13:52 ----------

So in reality, what does that mean?

You cannot just cherry pick a verse , you have to read the whole :Then they will call upon me, but I will not answer;

they will seek me diligently but will not find me.

Because they hated knowledge

and did not choose the fear of the Lord,

would have none of my counsel

and despised all my reproof,

therefore they shall eat the fruit of their way,

and have their fill of their own devices.

For the simple are killed by their turning away,

Your answer is there , read the whole to see the truth .

Faith is believing what you cannot see .

You cannot just cherry pick a verse , you have to read the whole :Then they will call upon me, but I will not answer;

Why would you want to believe something you can't see?

Faith is a confused subject for non Christians, it's also confused in Christianity , that is because Satan is the writer of the confusion . Most people think that faith is a synonym for believe , so the feel they have to believe and it will be so . Many will link faith with determination , that is to say if they are determined enough that they will develop faith , then they can have what they are determined for . As a Pastor I have seen many Christians struggle , people tell each other they aren't healed because of lack of faith, this is awful to say . A lovely Christian called Joni Ericsob Tarda had people write this message to her , such words cause hurt while I use the illustration of having faith that a chair will support your weight , it's allows you to confidently sit in it , well what happens to faith when the chair breaks ? Do we stop believing that all chairs are the same ? No we base things on prior experience which is we have confidence in the chair ,

So how do you find faith ? We look to the bible which gives us a guide , we don't just pick out which verse suits we look at it in depth , when we have a depend understanding faith becomes more real to us . So as out faith grows we don't need to rely on each other to build up faith , we learn to walk with God .

Faith is a confused subject for non Christians, it's also confused in Christianity , that is because Satan is the writer of the confusion . Most people think that faith is a synonym for believe , so the feel they have to believe and it will be so . Many will link faith with determination , that is to say if they are determined enough that they will develop faith , then they can have what they are determined for . As a Pastor I have seen many Christians struggle , people tell each other they aren't healed because of lack of faith, this is awful to say . A lovely Christian called Joni Ericsob Tarda had people write this message to her , such words cause hurt while I use the illustration of having faith that a chair will support your weight , it's allows you to confidently sit in it , well what happens to faith when the chair breaks ? Do we stop believing that all chairs are the same ? No we base things on prior experience which is we have confidence in the chair ,

So how do you find faith ? We look to the bible which gives us a guide , we don't just pick out which verse suits we look at it in depth , when we have a depend understanding faith becomes more real to us . So as out faith grows we don't need to rely on each other to build up faith , we learn to walk with God .

But ultimately your worldview is based on something with no evidence to support it.

Sorry she has written a fair bit from personal experience , and has taken items possibly preached in her church . I not somewhat of what she has explained and shown you has been taken , not understood by many on this thread

---------- Post added 27-12-2015 at 15:12 ----------

You detest people of faith , Faith is what we have . I am a Christian , yes that true , I worship in a church , I read Gods word every day .

You are so wrong ken,I bear you no ill will,quite the opposite.My posts are as factual as I'm able,yours are based on an unproven god which you have faith in,I cannot see the point,theres no proof,never has been.You will find that your bible is full of contradiction but it appears you deny this,I have no time for religions,why are you right? one of the others has the same possibility.God, praying etc never cured anything,and according to your religion,god made ebola so he's a nice god then?

But ultimately your worldview is based on something with no evidence to support it.

Faith is personal so I could present you with my evidence , you would of course dispute my evidence by saying I have an imaginary friend , etc For us Christians we see God in our lives , but because you aren't living my faith you can't see this . Sorry to tell you faith is personal , it's your relationship with God , it's your choice .