Ebola - God cured me!

Have you read post 1102 ??

---------- Post added 30-12-2015 at 08:38 ----------

If you mean by critical thinking , saying that God's word is wrong then that's not critical thinking .christians believe Gods word

God's word is 'wrong' because you've yet to establish that your God exists. You talk of believing 'God's word' - despite the numerous times its been pointed out that men wrote 'em - but we haven't got that far yet.

You claim god exists - it is for you to provide evidence (this does not mean endless bible quotes - its been demonstrated ad infinitum why these really don't help), not for me to evidence by critical thinking that he doesn't. The burden of proof is on you. 'Faith' does not trump this.

Been out today runningman? met anyone interesting? maybe you called his bluff,for a man who says he's been a pastor for 50yrs his knowledge wasn't very good and his answers weren't great either.

Been out today runningman? met anyone interesting? maybe you called his bluff,for a man who says he's been a pastor for 50yrs his knowledge wasn't very good and his answers weren't great either.

His answers were from scripture , which some of us on here use and believe , I am not a pastor or have had any leadership experience , I didn't complete my time in Bible college due to family issues but what I did learn was that many Christians believe different things and some even believe none biblical and none scripture . There's plenty in the bible that others don't understand it seems but to me when I read the bible and I can see the truth within it .

Yes, but I didn't get to meet anyone interesting. I waited and waited, it is like my Tinder matches :(

His answers were from scripture , which some of us on here use and believe , I am not a pastor or have had any leadership experience , I didn't complete my time in Bible college due to family issues but what I did learn was that many Christians believe different things and some even believe none biblical and none scripture . There's plenty in the bible that others don't understand it seems but to me when I read the bible and I can see the truth within it .

No they weren't. He said that Job got punished for his stubbornness, this is utterly untrue. He then just copy and pasted from a website.

Kensmith or whoever said he uses his bible as a guide for life.then he could do lots of things that non believers wouldn't dream of doing.I am not ignorant of the bible,but to literally follow it is impossible.Your time at bible college would have been better spent learning something useful like nursing,bible learning is useless in the real world.

Kensmith or whoever said he uses his bible as a guide for life.then he could do lots of things that non believers wouldn't dream of doing.I am not ignorant of the bible,but to literally follow it is impossible.Your time at bible college would have been better spent learning something useful like nursing,bible learning is useless in the real world.

Lottiecass I trained as a nanny and did a diploma in play therapy , before I went to bible college one of the reasons I went was to do African cultural studies , which is important for communicating now, but I had a family issue and had to leave , after that I nannied for a family for 23 years until I started a business , so going to bible college was good even if I didn't complete it and gain a qualification . I personally love the bible , yes it's a guide, like many Christians I do read it every day .

---------- Post added 30-12-2015 at 23:45 ----------

Yes, but I didn't get to meet anyone interesting. I waited and waited, it is like my Tinder matches :(

No they weren't. He said that Job got punished for his stubbornness, this is utterly untrue. He then just copy and pasted from a website.

Did he ask you to meet him?

Lottiecass I trained as a nanny and did a diploma in play therapy , before I went to bible college one of the reasons I went was to do African cultural studies , which is important for communicating now, but I had a family issue and had to leave , after that I nannied for a family for 23 years until I started a business , so going to bible college was good even if I didn't complete it and gain a qualification . I personally love the bible , yes it's a guide, like many Christians I do read it every day .

---------- Post added 30-12-2015 at 23:45 ----------

Did he ask you to meet him?

You went to bible college to learn African culture or was it the how to get Africans in churches course? There's plenty of ways to learn about African cultures without going to bible school.

You went to bible college to learn African culture or was it the how to get Africans in churches course? There's plenty of ways to learn about African cultures without going to bible school.

where I went they offered Hebrew , New testament Greek and African cultural studies along with obvious bible teaching, church leadership etc. I chose African studies as when you are working in different tribes you don't want to cause offence to the people you are attempting to help , understanding the culture helps having good relations with the villages you work in, also I am not academic so doing a practical course was better for me and not wasting the time I had. Also no I was not attempting to convert anyone , I have always been practical.

African cultural studies cover African traditions , how a tribe lives , what they do to preserve life etc , stories and history , marriage traditions like lobola, traditions that African families have , I learnt about the Masai people in Kenya and Tanzania, we also learned historical facts about different African countries , again tribal tradition.

Edited by teeny

where I went they offered Hebrew , New testament Greek and African cultural studies along with obvious bible teaching, church leadership etc. I chose African studies as when you are working in different tribes you don't want to cause offence to the people you are attempting to help , understanding the culture helps having good relations with the villages you work in, also I am not academic so doing a practical course was better for me and not wasting the time I had. Also no I was not attempting to convert anyone , I have always been practical.

Of course it was more a missionary thing than anything more meaningful,anything is more useful than religion,one pair of hands can do more than a thousand pairs praying so the saying goes,it never does any good.

While you are here,how old is the earth? and can you explain fossils away with your bible,kensmith has gone away for now so he didn't answer,just wondered if you could oblige,no cut and paste or sermon please.

Of course it was more a missionary thing than anything more meaningful,anything is more useful than religion,one pair of hands can do more than a thousand pairs praying so the saying goes,it never does any good.

While you are here,how old is the earth? and can you explain fossils away with your bible,kensmith has gone away for now so he didn't answer,just wondered if you could oblige,no cut and paste or sermon please.

I actually agree with what he has said Lottiecass the bible does say those things , I believe what the bible tells me , its part of that relationship we have with God. I already told Snailboy and yourself that in another thread.

learning isn't useless it shows you are committed to honouring tradition

Edited by teeny

I actually agree with what he has said Lottiecass the bible does say those things , I believe what the bible tells me , its part of that relationship we have with God. I already told Snailboy and yourself that in another thread.

learning isn't useless it shows you are committed to honouring tradition

Theology is a waste of time,it is of no use,maybe as part of history it is.You have ignored my query same as kensmith did,lalalalalalalalala once again from the religious but facts are facts.Any chance of a reply to my?

Yes, he didn't provide evidence for the fact that Job was published for being stubborn, as he had previously claimed.

Instead he copy and pasted something not relevant to the point at end, that was someones else's summary of Job. Please don't tell me you see this as evidence of him reading it.

Most Christians have never read their book, it confuses me.

Surely Christians follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, and that is contained only in the New Testament. Surely the Old Testament is largely irrelevant to most Christian belief?