Ebola - God cured me!

Not really. I'd like you to all go and speak to people if you have a genuine interest. Go to Churches,Temples,Mosques,Synagogues speak to people,read the Bible, Qu'ran, Torah and then come to a decision.

So why do you want the thread closed? You posted it in black and white. The evidence is there, unless you're claiming someone else wrote it.

I've spoken with and worked with people of many faiths over the years - fair to say all day was not spent discussing religion, but it did crop up occasionally. Funnily enough, all the different theists had differing views of the world, which again, strangely, reflected those of their parents/culture.

As far as attending church is concerned, I went when I was in the cubs - you had to go for certain events. But even at that age, I saw it all as nonsense. Even then, I thought it strange that otherwise 'normal' people seemed to entre a fantasy realm when going through those big doors. Weird.

I'm an atheist, as were you when you were born, until someone taught you otherwise. I also read the bible in my teens - actually quite enjoyed it, but I recognise it for what it is - a collection of stories - many of them gruesome. And that's it. No 'word of God'. Just stories.

Edited by perplexed

Far too many of the Atheist points to quote:

1. All I'm seeing are opinions

Wrong. I've given you sound scientific reasoning against the flood, and given you a link as requested. I've even told you were you can see the evidence for yourself. Are you going to have the courtesy to look at the evidence provided in my post (and in other peoples as well..)

---------- Post added 18-01-2016 at 10:08 ----------

Oh is that how it works now? You state reasons but just say "no need". I'll remember that when Teeny is barraged with "Link Please" or "Burden of proof".

Do you not see it's a two way street?

You think it's acceptable to quote out of context, draw a different light on whats placed and insult people?

How does that sit with "bear no false witness" then? ISTR that's part of some of your holy book and rather important.

I think we have done the Noah's Ark story to death don't you? If Christians really can believe that 2 of every species managed to fit on one boat and none died or ate eat other (but had loads of incestuous sex in order to repopulate the planet) then there is little anyone can do to tale them out of it. Providing proof that something DIDN'T happen is nigh on impossible. Would love to see the counter-proof that it DID (and not in some made up book from 2000 years ago thanks).

But here is one thing that we DO know. It seriously makes you evaluate your own existence. And the question I'd really like an answer to from our Christian brethren is 'Why?'. If Earth and everything on it was created by a God for our benefit, what's with all the rest? What purpose does it serve? The key moment comes at around 2 minutes which neatly takes care of all other reasoning I have ever herd from Christians.