Recommended garages to buy 'new' car from ?

I've bought my last two cars from Eric Steads at Ecclesfield. Excellent customer service.

Totally agree, my last two were from Steads and nothing is too much trouble for them. I do not like these big companies much prefer a company like Steads, they are not pushy at all. Last week I went to Autoworld and he took my details and said would email me next day am still waiting.

• 5 months later...

All new car sales franchises have their showrooms full of cars on a time period at the end of which they have to pay their supplier for them,up to that time they don,t lay out a penny!.The trick is pick a model you want look around for as many dealers as you can of that model contact them all just before the pay up time,I think its every three months and say you want to purchase!.Then on the phone play one against the other saying "I,m sorry so and so has made a better offer!",I did this one time for a Toyota Carina and got £3 grand knocked off,it took a little time but every car they have left in their showroom has to be payed for and to them that's dead money!.It worked for me give it a go it will cost you nothing!.

I haven't used them yet as not ready to change but have been looking at per month.co.uk. They sell ex-lease cars mostly 3 years old on a per month basis. The usp is that after two years you can just hand it back which is ideal for high mileage drivers as they don't care how many miles you've done

Bought our Vauxhall Astra Estate new from Pentagon. Vauxhall have 5 years interest free credit + 10 years or 100,000 warranty for 1st owner from new. Can't fault the service we've had from Pentagon. Also they take old car in part ex. Worth checking out even if you then decide its not for you.