Recommended garages to buy 'new' car from ?

I bought my current car from Perrys in Doncaster, really nice people who don't work on commission so no pushy salesmen so whether you buy new or second hand the experience is the same. I also got a good trade in on my 19 year old car for a 9 year old car in PX with mega low mileage

Though I've not bought a car from Bristol Street motors yet (though this is on the cards for my next car) I've found their staff really helpful in the Nissan part of the company, they used to be called Harratts

From experience avoid Evans Halshaw on Penistone Road as in addition to very pushy sales people you have to pay for an HPI check £100 even though all cars sold through dealers are done automatically for £1. Its all pay pay pay with them, hidden extras etc. My experience with them wasn't good and they have definitely lost a customer in me, yet a work colleague recommends the branch in Rotherham. The Birmingham branch kept phoning me...when are you coming, what time, you need to pay a deposit huh? even though I asked them not to call me, be wary....

---------- Post added 02-08-2014 at 20:36 ----------

Try the car people I bought a nearly new fiesta from them and sold it a year later for more than I bought it for.

:D nice one

so we've been to:

VW/Audi at Meadowhead

Honda at Woodseats

Skoda, Citroen, Renault & Dacia, Fiat, Toyota, Mitsubishi on Penistone road

SEAT at Hillsbrough(ish)

Favourites were Skoda Octavia & Honda Tourer.

Evans Halshaw were offering a Renault Scenic with around £7k off as "sales are so slow" (they just launched a new model). So for value for money the scenic is in the lead (£13.5k down from £21 ??)

Going to investigate 2nd hand deals now to compare

Can you provide a loving home for a rescue kittie ? Rain Rescue Cats

Free/cheap cat neutering please look here Link

so we've been to:

VW/Audi at Meadowhead

Honda at Woodseats

Skoda, Citroen, Renault & Dacia, Fiat, Toyota, Mitsubishi on Penistone road

SEAT at Hillsbrough(ish)

Favourites were Skoda Octavia & Honda Tourer.

Evans Halshaw were offering a Renault Scenic with around £7k off as "sales are so slow" (they just launched a new model). So for value for money the scenic is in the lead (£13.5k down from £21 ??)

Going to investigate 2nd hand deals now to compare

A little tip. Once you've decided which car you want go to a site such as car wow to get some quotes. I recently did this, I then took the best quotes to the first dealer in your list - they matched it straight away.

A little tip. Once you've decided which car you want go to a site such as car wow to get some quotes. I recently did this, I then took the best quotes to the first dealer in your list - they matched it straight away.

great !! thanks, I've been and registered :)

Can you provide a loving home for a rescue kittie ? Rain Rescue Cats

Free/cheap cat neutering please look here Link

Has anyone bought a car from Burrows Toyota recently as I am looking around for a Toyota and would prefer to buy from a company with non pushy salesmen trying to flog extras that I don't want or need.

Edited by d71146

Has anyone bought a car from Burrows Toyota recently as I am looking around for a Toyota and would prefer to buy from a company with non pushy salesmen trying to flog extras that I don't want or need.

Just bought from the Car People - they were not pushy at all! Yes they did offer extra products but as soon as you said no they just said OK and left it at that.

Would recommend them