Ukraine warns Russia against 'aggression' in Crimea

If you quote other posts, please make that clear. I haven't got a clue who you are addressing here.

:)

If you quote other posts, please make that clear. I haven't got a clue who you are addressing here.

Who are you talking to? :)

---------- Post added 11-05-2014 at 12:31 ----------

Point two:

• Russian speakers are a minority in the Crimea and are a minority in the East of the Ukraine

Can I just check.... Did you really mean to say this?

Edited by cgksheff

So - what has that to do with us?

Again - what has that to do with you/us?

In your clearly insularist mind, nothing, so can I just ask...why on earth are you posting in this thread? :huh:

As regards Ron Paul's quote, besides it's clear isolationist bias (unsurprising for a US politician), it is replete with disingeniosity and half-lies, so hopefully you'll understand if I choose to dismiss it.

:)

Can I just check.... Did you really mean to say this?

I was wrong about the Crimea (took it from a bad source), I am not about the East though.

So why should Ukraine suddenly be of interest to us in the UK, NATO and Uncle Sam all of a sudden? What has Ukraine got that just might be of interest firstly to large corporations, never mind to the British government.

We tries to bomb Syria, and them Ruskies came to the table with dam common sense, knowing what the US did in Libya, giving them democracy, freedom and enough weapons to start wars in many sub Saharan countries? It was them Ruskies that negotiated a deal with Iran, the nation Israel wants to bomb, and the US is keen for regime change too.

Ukraine has land, and this land unlike Israel is the breadbasket of Eastern Europe, nothing that the likes of Monsanto would ever be interested in. Also one has to contain Russia and like Iran and China needs US, and NATO bases all around its borders where missiles can be placed, just in case any of these countries want to start another war. Ukraine is a tool, to provoke them Ruskies, into doing something that will allow what some US senators and Ukraine politicians are screaming for.....NUKE RUSSIA NOW. It was even advocated that them Ruskies living in Ukraine should be exterminated, and Russia burned to a cinder. http://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-pm-wipe-out-russians-2014-3

So lots of peace and love there.

An interesting article by John Pilger= http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/13/ukraine-us-war-russia-john-pilger.

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 03:30 ----------

Vice President Bidens son joins Ukraine gas company's board of directors, wonderful timing= http://www.cnbc.com/id/101669271

An interesting article by John Pilger= http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/13/ukraine-us-war-russia-john-pilger.

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 03:30 ----------

Vice President Bidens son joins Ukraine gas company's board of directors, wonderful timing= http://www.cnbc.com/id/101669271

Excellent links, thanks Mafia. Especially the comments.

I don't think the Ukrainian minister getting caught on camera calling Putin a ******** has helped matters either. :o

If the shoe fits, pity our lot don't have the balls to use a few expletives. Would make QT that much more interesting. :hihi:

I have just been listening to a debate on the tv and a lady journalist from the Georgian region(by her looks) put this trouble into perspective for me, by saying. that it is in the interest of Russia to have a non-defined Ukrainian border.If a country has a non-defined border it cannot becomes a member of N.A.T.O. or the European Union.Putin wins, because that is what he has been afraid of all the time.

You do not know Russia, nor the Russian politics.

What president Vladimir V. Putin is afraid of is that the Ukrainian troops wearing Nazi swastika supported and sponsored by the West and Obama are bombarding civilian targets in Donetsk (like hospitals, schools, block of flats, mines, etc) killing ethnic Russians there.

That was Putins excuse for invading Crimea,and the Kremlin backed Russian led terrorists excuse for taking over,illegally and by force,Eastern Ukraine..........what Putin has got is an excuse for carrying on a war that he started.

You do not know Russia, nor the Russian politics.

What president Vladimir V. Putin is afraid of is that the Ukrainian troops wearing Nazi swastika supported and sponsored by the West and Obama are bombarding civilian targets in Donetsk (like hospitals, schools, block of flats, mines, etc) killing ethnic Russians there.

Also of note, the USA bases with their troops positioned in the UK and Germany as well as other European countries are closer targets for Russian ballistic missiles than those situated in the US, provided NATO invaded Ukraine.

It is in the interest of Russia to have a border with the Ukraine, similarly, it is in the interest of the UK to have a well-defined border, say, with France.

If the Russians do not have a definate border with the Ukraine i.e. a disputed border then his fear of N.A.T.O. and the E.U. is eliminated.Yes I do know Russian politics,and why should N.A.T.O. want to invade Ukraine?

Edited by Kidorry