Ukraine warns Russia against 'aggression' in Crimea

Ah! So you ARE proud of the UK's involvement in WW2, after all.

Let us know when you make your mind, won't you? :roll:

---------- Post added 15-04-2014 at 09:30 ----------

According to Le Parisien, Kiev have kicked off their "antiterrorist operation" north of Donetsk this morning, at 09:55 local. Don't blink now :|

Trying to put a a spin on it makes you look stupid.

---------- Post added 15-04-2014 at 10:08 ----------

Presumably you are trying to make a clever point here, but I don't get it, care to elaborate?

Hit home did it.

Trying to put a a spin on it makes you look stupid
I'm just calling it as I see it, Peter: there is no spin on this whatsoever, your earlier posts are still there for all to read.

Hit home, did it?

I'm just calling it as I see it, Peter: there is no spin on this whatsoever, your earlier posts are still there for all to read.

Hit home, did it?

How you arrive at your spin,

"Ah! So you ARE proud of the UK's involvement in WW2, after all."

from me stating,

"It didn't become GREAT by being a collaborator nation either."

Remains a mystery, at what point have i said I'm proud.

Looks like I scored a double hit.

How you arrive at your spin,

"Ah! So you ARE proud of the UK's involvement in WW2, after all."

from me stating,

"It didn't become GREAT by being a collaborator nation either."

Remains a mystery, at what point have i said I'm proud.

Looks like I scored a double hit.

I don't get it.

The doomsdayers can rest easy. It's widely accepted in government and military circles that mutually assured destruction is the main driving force for an arsenal of nukes. Nukes will not feature in any War, not now or in the future.

This is why people who think Trident is a waste of cash couldn't be more mistaken. Yes it costs billions to maintain and replace but without them we are just sitting ducks. And I can guarantee you that not one country, treaty or no treaty would return fire on our behalf, because of that very principal of mutually assured destruction.

Modern nukes are never intended to be fired they just assure that no one will fire one against us.

Just like the Cold War, the worst that will happen is little proxy wars with conventional weapons.

The doomsdayers can rest easy. It's widely accepted in government and military circles that mutually assured destruction is the main driving force for an arsenal of nukes. Nukes will not feature in any War, not now or in the future.

This is why people who think Trident is a waste of cash couldn't be more mistaken. Yes it costs billions to maintain and replace but without them we are just sitting ducks. And I can guarantee you that not one country, treaty or no treaty would return fire on our behalf, because of that very principal of mutually assured destruction.

Modern nukes are never intended to be fired they just assure that no one will fire one against us.

Just like the Cold War, the worst that will happen is little proxy wars with conventional weapons.

If the cold war went hot and the Warsaw Pact invaded Germany, for whatever reason, Nato's doctrine was the early use of tactical nuclear weapons. They deemed that it was the only way to stop the Warsaw pact rolling across Western Europe.

A tactical nuke is a very different beast to those that are the concerns of the said doomsdayers though. It's effectively just a posh bomb, not a typical nuke in the mass destruction sense.

Hit home did it.

No it didn't home, I don't get it? Not sure how an ill-construed point can hit home.

Btw. Dutch media and the BBC now report that the Ukraine has started operations as well. Apparently the Ukrainian intelligence service has intercepted evidence that the Russian army on the border was preparing to invade.

Edited by tzijlstra

A tactical nuke is a very different beast to those that are the concerns of the said doomsdayers though. It's effectively just a posh bomb, not a typical nuke in the mass destruction sense.

Very true, but the worrying thing is that it's the first step on the road to escalation.

Very true, but the worrying thing is that it's the first step on the road to escalation.

never ever going to happen calm down, take a little anti stress pill:hihi::hihi::hihi: were all doomed i tell you doomed:roll:

stop being so dramatic! this will never result in war with the west, leave the baltic countries to find their own levels of occupation, i am sure they will manage to sort it out, maybe even Ukraine will split in two, europe the US , Nato will dare not raise a finger! they can spout economic sanctions rhetoric but in the big picture of Russias future they wont care. the people are speaking in these areas.

If Nato turns a blind eye to Russia's ambitions, other Nations (China) will see it as a weakness and a green light for their expansion plans.

Germany and Japan did exactly the same pre WW2

This could start something.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27059321